Saturday, July 25, 2015

Her lips were sealed!

Today I'm joining Art Journal Journey once again where this month's theme is Post and Postage.  I feel like a slacker, since I've only offered one other entry this month, which is # 78, while several have given us many, many more entries. 

But let's talk about this entry.  Most remember I either create these entries in my altered book that is marginally too large for my scanner, or I use my used file folders I add to a 3-ring binder.  You can see, however, this fits quite well, for the most part, on my scanner.  Nope, I didn't shrink my AB, but found one that was a bit smaller that I had worked in several years ago.  It had/has a vintage theme, so I thought I would keep with the vintage theme and add this. 

I started with a used security envelope that has two see thru areas.  After I laid down the envelope on the other side of the page, I determined where the postage should show through, and adhered it.  Then I added the security envelope over the postage stamps.  I didn't want to hide the words on the page, but make them unreadable only, so the background was left intact.

This is the sentiment I used as well as the post title.  I cut up another security envelope for this and wrote the words by hand.  Have I not mentioned I hate my handwriting?

I found the girl while sorting and purging last week, and knew I would use her at some point.  I'm so glad I saved her, because there's even a postage stamp on the image.

I was lucky enough to find a postage stamp that would fit in the "N" numbers.  And the carriage looked quite old vintage, too.

Since I'm driven by color, I chose these postage stamps based on color, as well as content.  After I had sorted for color, I looked for anything that might be considered vintage, thus keeping with the theme of this AB, while staying true to the Art Journal Journey challenge.  I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking and thanks to Art Journal Journey for their continued support and monthly challenges.

I'd also like to point out that my "participant" buttons on my right sidebar aren't as full as they were at the beginning of the week.  Now that both SOC and Where Bloggers Create are officially over, I've moved the badges (and their corresponding posts) to my Previous Collaborations page.

10 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal pages, thanks so much for joining us again at Art Journal Journey! Have a great day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. everything goes so well together on this pages Elizabeth! They are wonderful! I love that you pay attention to every little detail ... and this makes your work so wonderful!
SO happy you came up with another beutiful contribution this month for Art Journal Journey!
Thanks a lot!
Happy Sunday my friend!
oxo
Susi

cooled down here .. I am happy that it is not sooo hot now.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love these pages - the colours really are brilliant but must say that the image of the girl with her butterfly wings is beautiful! Chrisx

johanna said...

such an awesome spread - i love all about it. nice how you embedded the envelopes!

i feel like a slacker, too. this is one of my absolutely favorite subjects, but as i´m so busy with fabrics i just can´t come up with art Journal stuff. i know i will regret that... when i´m back to collages the theme will be out of challenge. well, i just can´t live along challenges only. a woman must do what she must do;)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This such fun! You picked a great image to go along with the quote (or vise versa), and I like how you framed the stamps in the window part of the envelope. Very creative!

CERULEAN said...

Wonderful pages and all fits well. And a great tittle!
Thanks for your nice comment and passing by on my blog. - eric

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful spread. I love what you did the envelope-I thought you had actually cut through the page, but this is so much more clever. And thanks for stopping by my blog and us getting to meet through our blogs. I think you're hot weather is moving our way in the northeast. Not looking forward to that!

TwinkleToes2day said...

A fabulous composition and I love using security envelopes too. I'm very impressed at your diligence in sharing all your pages, and whether it's one or more than one I always enjoy seeing them :o))

Anonymous said...

Fun. I love those cellophane windows too! xox

~*~Patty S said...

That little French girl is perfect and your words are extra delightful and fitting for the AJJ post & postage challenge.
You used the security envelope in a great way too.
In my recent purge I recycled so many envies...I did have to ask myself "HOW many envelopes can one girl have!!!" I am a paper hound and there's no getting around it and I am already starting a new envelope collection LOL.
You proved why they are good to have on hand!
oxo