Friday, November 7, 2014

Journal 52, Week 45: Thinking of YOU

For week 45 at Journal 52, Chelle asked us to think of someone special, even if it was ourselves.  Since this is AEDM or Art Every Day Month, I thought of all the wonderful friends I had either met or reconnected with.  They, along with my loyal readers and followers are who I made this journal page for.

And I meant every word, too.

Chelle used her own handmade mists from dye.  I used a different formula.  You can always find it on my Tutorials page if you forget how I made these shimmering mists.  From the looks of things, I'll be making more soon.

I thought I needed more than one color for the background, so went with a purchased mist to supplement mine.  However, this mist isn't shimmery like mine is.  But that only matters if you are looking at this spread in person, because mica doesn't photograph or scan well.

My stencil didn't work well, and was even more problematic when I brushed my long sleeve over the wet mist.  Not to worry.  This isn't fine art, instead it's made with love.  I took this photo so you could see I used a pop dot to raise the heart, which won't show when I scan the spread.

I worried the red heart was too "in your face" red up against my pink mists.  But I had already doodled on the heart, something I don't really do well, so I decided the colors would have to do.

The 45 written in the two pink hearts signified the week number.  This number is nearly as chilling as the countdown to Christmas!  Only seven more weeks until this project is complete.

But for now, please just tell someone how special they are to you, because you know how special you are to me.

For Day 8 of AEDM,
I created a Journal 52 entry and let all my internet friends know how special they are to me.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Krisha said...

Great page Elizabeth, and I like the red heart among the pink ones.

You and Bluebeard are very special people/friends to me an a lot of other bloggers.

Jennifer McLean said...

Hey Elizabeth, I'm loving those colors and although I hope you didn't ruin your sleeve, I think it added to the art. It looks great with the scraping of the ink.

johanna said...

your file Folder page Looks totally awesome!! and may i say: i love your working table... it doesn´t look as sterile as some do in magazines (where i always ask myself if These aseptic looking desks would invite me to work on them...)
have a great Weekend, elizabeth!

Vicki Miller said...

Great page. You are special to us too, you know!

Vicki Miller said...

Great page. You are special to us too, you know!

Maron said...

a special page from a special person! <3

massofhair said...

Beautiful page and a beautiful sentiment shared by your many followers. You are a lovely lady, it's a pleasure getting to know you:-) xxx

Nan G said...

The Girls and I think you're pretty special too a&e! Not to mention how fab Bleubeard is to put up with all us crafters peeking in all the time. :) Love love the page! Hugs

Monica said...

You are special person to many of us and sometimes the Karma is not right to make a comment, or these days the kittens are starting to mess with computer. your work is from your heart.

johanna said...

elizabeth, the brand Name in your Country for linocut paints could be speedball. hope that helps.

Beverley Baird said...

Loved your page and the tutorial you enclosed!

Jo Murray said...

....and YOU are a special blogging buddy.

TwinkleToes2day said...

You are a star shining through the clouds of doubt and uncertainty. It is my honour to name you as a blog friend (hug) x

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a sweet piece--I definitely like the red/pink combo. You have become a cherished blog friend to me!

Carol said...

This one is REALLY good Elizabeth!!!! You did a great job and you ARE very SPECIAL to us also ♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your page! You are really special too Elizabeth and I really appreciate your comments when you visit! Big cyber hugs, Chrisx