Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 27 of 30 paintings in 30 days

Hopefully this is my final scheduled post when I have no way to link to Leslie Saeta at Slices of Life because I'm sleeping when this and her post goes live.  This is Day 27 of 30.

I'm not sure I like this one.  I felt rushed and, as a consequence it doesn't feel finished to me.  I think it needs something focal to bring all that movement together and allow your eyes a place to rest.  As a consequence I'm calling this one "Unfinished," and will more than likely go back and finish it once I have more time.  The size is 8" X 10" (20,32 cm X 25,4 cm).

Thanks for your continued support.  Sorry that I'm nowhere near a computer for any length of time, but I promise to visit and catch up once I can breathe (and slow down) again.

8 thoughtful remarks:

massofhair said...

Please don't 'finish' this Elizabeth, it is a glorious abstract piece of Art! Can see lots of different shapes when i look at it, this is good as it is exciting each time you see it.

There are faces peeking out from behind colours and lots of movement and depth.

STUNNING and SENSATIONAL, don't change a thing!

Don't worry about catching up, life sometimes needs your attention more:-) xxx

froebelsternchen said...

I can just write nearly the same as massofhair did earlier!
Wonderful abstract and don't mind about visiting and commenting on other blogs.. I visit you here because I love what you show and how you write your posts - not to catch you as a visiter and commenter for my space honey!♥
Happy weekend!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Oh, I think it is perfect as it is! I saw 3 witches in this piece! Hope you decide you love it a it is and give it a proper name.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like this as it is, and I think it is a finished piece. I think that central lavender space provides the restful spot in the midst of the movement. I think it comes together well. Let this one be ;)

Krisha said...

I have to say I find this painting most interesting and keep scrolling back to it. I could "almost" take a black pen and create a landscape out of it.

I feel it is finished too. We are all seeing something different and that, to me, is sometimes the BEST art.

Jo Murray said...

It's great! It emanates energy and life.

Nan G said...

Fabulous E!

Cindy McMath said...

I think it's quite interesting as it is, but if you decide to do something else to it I would love to see that too.