Wednesday, June 4, 2014

And so it begins: a summer of ICADs

I completely forgot about ICADs (Index Card A Day) until I saw them on a couple of blogs at the beginning of the week.  So, I started on the 2nd and caught up quickly, but didn't have time to post these until now.  At least I'm caught up and have made one a day for the past four days.  Not sure which day I'll post them, since Tammy, our Daisy Yellow ICAD host says the links this year will be few and far between.

In keeping with the Week 1 prompt, I started with my sentiment for how I felt when I learned this project had started without me.  I took a line from Alice in Wonderland (using a stencil) and added a rabbit (using a rubber stamp).

While trying to catch up, I realized I don't have enough ICs to finish this year's project.  I found these stuck in with the last of my ICs and decided they had writing on them, so they would be useful for this week's prompt, and they could be some I wouldn't have to send to the recycle bin.  For this one, I got out my Xylene pen and a very, very old photocopy of the brain.  I thought it went well with the  background I "created" back when I was getting my Master's degree.  Not sure what I meant by the word "Kept," but I'm glad I kept this, and the next IC.

For this one, I used a rubber stamp over the words.  Not exactly "found poetry," but I'm glad I saved these.  What's amazing is, they even made the move to Wichita, KS (US), when I was accepted into the Ph.D. program at Wichita State, a school that is now on the (US) map due to our basketball team.

For this one, I looked through a couple of magazines and found words that made sense to me.  Since I love hearts, I may continue this theme, although this one was made on the fly (actually while waiting to link to WOYWW).

At least I'm caught up through the fourth installment. I'll continue to make these daily, but will only post once a week.  Thanks again to Tammy for hosting again this year.

12 thoughtful remarks:

Twiglet said...

You have been busy!! Thanks lots for my ATC - I really appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes into creating these little artworks. x Jo

Darla said...

Another challenge, you are so good at doing these. Great that you found those old IC's. I'll bet it was fun to bring them out and use them.

Darla

Halle said...

Love that you are using these old cards...giving them a new life and purpose.

~*~Patty S said...

Great that you still had these and such a variety too...
I like that size for creating...
looking forward to seeing more from you Elizabeth
oxo

Linda Gibbons said...

These are great, Elizabeth and Bleubeard too. Love the old cards, they look like they fell out of an old book...
And trust you to have a rocking rabbit stamp!

Nan G said...

These are so cool! I had a dickens of a time getting the envie away from T. She was running off with to hide in 'her' stash.:) :D hugs

dawn said...

YAY, so glad your doing these too! I love yours and that you used older ones. I still have some leftover from last year but will need to buy one more pack. I just posted mine too. I will probably share them on Tuesday's or at least once a week.
See you soon or on Monday for SOC, YAY!!

Krisha said...

I really like the "old" cards as backgrounds....they are great.

I'm not doing Icad this year, having trouble keeping up with J52 and the CB challenge and DT work, AND I want to do SOC. So something has to go.

We are heading out Friday for Escondido ( about 4 hr. south of here) to meet up with our youngest son for a BBQ Competition. This one will be in conjunction with a music fest...woot! woot!. Hope to have some great pictures to share Tuesday. So until then you most likely won't hear from me over the weekend. Tomorrow I have to get the playhouse ready to travel.........travel! That's a J52 page LOL

Dianne said...

Good for you---ICADs are fun...really love the stamping & photocopy over the text! have fun...:)

Robin said...

You certainly are great at challenges. I love the idea of an ICAD a day...I'm having a hard time making anything or even trying to keep up with the weekly challenges I am already trying to do, lol!!!

I'm going to be excited to see all you create...it will all be wonderfully awesome! Hugs, Rasz and a nice ear scratch for Bleubeard too!

Eliza said...

I find it amazing what we keep for another day, these one are for sure beauties, keep up the great work you are doing, there is no way you would get me to do an ICAD I am too busy to remember that stuff.

Say hi to Bluebeard from Yoda and I

Hugs Eliza & Yoda
Happy WOYWW #48

Cindy McMath said...

Elizabeth, I love all of your cards! I'm especially fond of the ones that use the old ICs you found from your college days - fantastic! I really like the first one too - the Alice in Wonderland quote is perfect and I like the way you managed to incorporate a rocking horse (rocking rabbit?)! I too am liking the heart theme and thought I might come back to it too. I had an idea I might stick to one theme for the whole time but so far I haven't done anything similar twice. Thanks for dropping by my blog again and for all your kind words! Can't wait to see the next installment of your cards. Cindy :)