Tuesday, April 22, 2014

WOYWW 255: The one where she celebrates her bEARTHday

I'm here tonight with Julia at Stamping Ground celebrating the end of Earth Day, or bEARTHday in my world.  I've been absent for a couple of weeks because Julia likes to keep things short, and I have been writing tutorials and tips on how to reuse, repurpose, recycle, and upcycle items most people would send to the trash.  But today I've put that aside and am celebrating.

My friend Sally (that's her in the photo singing Happy Birthday to me) took me to lunch at the Chinese Buffet where my birthday is free.  And since my name is Dr. E, Queen of Free, this is the perfect place to celebrate bEARTHday.

These boxes aren't exactly earth friendly, but they will go in my garden once the contents are removed.  I borrowed a knife from the staff because they don't usually offer them with the meal.  I wanted everyone to know I didn't open these boxes until today, as I told the senders when I let them know I'd received them.

This is the one I'll be concentrating on today.

But first, I had to eat my shrimp and egg foo young with brown gravy.  LOVE egg foo young.  There is fried rice under the patties, too.

Back home, it was time to unveil the goodies I got from Krisha at Krisha's Keepsakes, a fellow desker.  In fact, her desk is famous and called Betsy!

Did you think I wouldn't have a rocking horse to show this week, even after being gone for two?  Nope, I found this beauty glued in place, along with the sentiment "It's the little things that matter."  Isn't it adorable?

But wait.  That's not all.  I also got a gorgeous card that had so much detail on it, I couldn't believe it.  And of course, there was the OTHER gift.

I got so excited, I forgot to adjust the focus.  But I bet you can see how lovely it is, even out of focus.

Now it's time to stop waffling as Julia would say, and let you visit other deskers.  And of course, if coming from Julia's please leave your number so Bleubeard and I can return the visit.

55 thoughtful remarks:

Krisha said...

Oh Elizabeth, I am so glad you liked your gift......Happy Birthday!

voodoo vixen said...

Aaah, such wonderful gifts and a free meal too with lovely company... now that is one very good birthday!!

Nikki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY free lunch who wouldn't enjoy that :) Such a fantastic gifts have a wonderful day hugs Nikki C # ???

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Happy, Happy bEARTHday, Elizabeth! I enjoyed your post with pictures of your free Chinese buffet (yes, I also love egg foo yung!) and the goodies you received, but most of all, a lovely picture of you! Hugs and blessings!
peggy

Monica said...

Great post. Did Bluebeard like the shrimp?
Have great day.
Monica

Rebeca Trevino said...

happy birthday, E
looks like you had a great lunch, some great presents, and all around great day.

Nan G said...

Whew just made it ...didn't want to miss your bEARTHday! Happy happy birthday dear Elizabeth! Cool pressies. Birthday hugs from me and the Girls!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Happy, happy bEARTHday, Elizabeth. Lunch looks good, especially the shrimp! Looks like you had a great day, here's wishing you many more.

Helen said...

Lovely gifts and cards, and free birthday lunch too, what could be better?! Thanks for already visiting me. Helen 5

Claire said...

Happy birthday to you and thanks for the visit already :) I'm expressing my inner hobbit with - they give gifts on their birthday rather than receiving them *grin*
Happy WOYWW!
no. 2

Jackie said...

Happy birthday to you Elizabeth, looks like you had a great free birthday lunch with your friend..... The rocking horses look lovely even if out of focus! Thank you for the visit earlier and maybe just maybe it will be two birthdays today
Jackie 3

sandra de said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday and thanks for sharing a pic of your lovely gifts.
Sandra @20

Chrysalis said...

Congratulations, and many happy returns! It looks like you had a great birthday outing, and some fab gifts. Enjoy your week, Chris # 19

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed all your re-purpose posts! I love using stuff that I would possibly throw away in new and creative ways - the cork Xmas tree is genius! We don't drink enough wine to score that many corks quickly but I might just manage it for this Christmas LOL!


Happy WOYWW!

Mary Anne (1)

Annie said...

Happy belated birthday to you. Looks like you've had a fab time too :-)
Hugs,
Annie x # 38

Vicki Miller said...

Thanks for dropping by and giving me such wonderful compliments! I hope you enjoyed your birthday and all those lovely presents! Enjoy. You deserve it!

Eliza said...

What a beautiful gift Elizabeth, just perfect for you. Belated happy Birthday greetings to you. Looking at that food has made me hungry, now I have to go and dig up some food and eat. Say hello to Bluebeard and give him a pat.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 28
Happy WOYWW

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Birthday to you too!! Are you on the 22nd as well? Same day as my lad, in that case. A Chinese buffet sounds the perfect celebratory meal to me, hope you and Sally enjoyed it :-)
And what a lovely birthday present from Krisha...people are so kind!
And yes, you are the undisputed queen of repurposing :-) I just don't 'see' the possibilities quite like you do. You look at a box and see the art in it, I can't..simple as that! But I can live with that...I can do colour and that makes me happy!!

HUgs, LLJ 14 xx

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Elizabeth
and happy WOYWW. Happy birthday. Oh I love the rocking horse and cards and the food nom nom nom. Also I loved all your recycling posts!!
hugs
Annette In Oz #8

Winnie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like such a fun day you had! Friends and chinese food are a great combo! Lovely cards and gifts too. Great picture of you too! Continued happiness for the year! Winnie#53

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dr. E....you are a Queen of all good things and live in a land filled with rocking horse dreams. cardboard is such a great compostable for bringing on the worms to the garden....I know it will go to good use....Is it me or is your friend Sally slimmng quite a bit, she looks great...Egg Foo yong love that stuff to althpugh I havent had it for ages. xox

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! What a way to spend your day - fabulous friend, free lunch, and a "rockin" gift! Here's to your good health! xo

Anonymous said...

Birthday surprises are the best! I am so glad you enjoyed your day and spent it with a good friend and being enveloped in love that surrounds you.
Happy Birthday !!
{{mwah}}
~Dawn

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your special day. Love the gifts and the food. #61

shazsilverwolf said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth, so glad you had such a lovely day. And such gorgeous cards and gifts- that rocking horse is stunning. Hugs to Bleubeard, Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #54 xxx

Twiglet said...

Happy birthday Elizabeth - what a scrummy chinese lunch you had! Have a great week. x Jo #30

my cup of tea said...

Happy Birthday! Your food looks delicious! Its so wonderful to celebrate with friends!
Donna

Karla B said...

Happy Birthday my friend!Wish you all the very best.Sending you good vibrations from Brazil!

Darla said...

Presents are fun to open and yours was great. How thoughtful of Krisha.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

i'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday and such delightful presents. :) a good chinese buffet is hard to beat!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing your BIRTHDAY fun. Food looks delicious Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ಌஜಌ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you
Enjoy some more fun today #75

elle said...

All the best to you, Elizabeth!

Unknown said...

Such a great birthday celebration! And wonderful gifts! Glad you had a wonderful day! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #72

Claire Grantham said...

Happy Birthday - glad you had a good one - complete with Chinese food and great gifts. Cx #83

Elizabeth said...

Happy bEARTHday Elizabeth - looks as though you had great celebrations with lovely gifts - with rocking horses too. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #39

Halle said...

I love egg foo young too! Looks like you had a great time as usual with Sally. Glad you liked your b-day treats. :)

Laura said...

Belated Birthday wishes
the food looks scrummy!
Happy Wednesday
Laura
51

Caro said...

Happy belated Birthday! Your present and card are gorgeous. thank you for sharing your celebrations. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#89)

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Elizabeth
I'm so glad you had a lovely day, who doesn't love a Chinese buffet. the cards and the rocking horse are stunning, isn't the internet wonderful that can produce such wonderful friends... in real life
janet #24

Sharon Madson said...

What a lovely gift! Happy Birthday! I had to stop by to show my friend Bluebeard. She is a cat lover and I wanted to show her your Blog. Thanks for the peek! #92

Gill Edwards said...

happy birthday Elizabeth, you have been lucky with such gorgeous cards and more rocking horses.
by the way my blog has now changed name im no longer stamping lemons but

http://aheadinabook.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/woyww-255.html
just fancied a change but its a pain in the rear end telling everyone Lol
Gill x

Cathy L. Calamas said...

What an amazing gift book from Krisha. And your lunch looked good , too!Here from WOYWW. Happy Wednesday!
Cathy #73

Paper rainbow said...

Happy belated birthday, looks like you had a wonderful day :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy birthday, nothing better than spending it with good friends.
Love the little book, great birthday gift.
Happy crafting, Angela x 48

MommaRock said...

Happy WOYWW Sorry to peek in and dash... .Now I am hungry!!
hugs, Kimmer #96

Rita said...

Happy Birthday!!
Sweet present from Krisha!! :) :)

Unknown said...

More Happy Birthday wishes. I always think Sally is so pretty. I love your b-day gift.

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy happy happy birthday Elizabeth, looks like you enjoyed your lunch (free is always best) and what lovely friends to send special gifts including of course a rocking horse. Cheers and have a great week Robyn#18

Julia Dunnit said...

Huge happy returns of course! For a milisecond there, I thought that you'd finally agreed to be photographed..and then I recognised Sally! How sweet of her to take you out and how exciting to have so many parcels. Krisha is a gifted and generous woman is she not!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

What a lot of lovely special presents you have shown us so far. i specially love that rocking horse and the candle in the cup. Thank you for your visit, and the lovely comments. I shan't take the caravan to the crop, partly because I have already book a few nights in a B&B, but also it needs to go back to the dealer to have a few warrantee things put right, like a drawer handle breaking off in my hand the a lock barrel coming out with the key - that was not supposed to happen. However, once those things are sorted, I intend to use the caravan more and get to the seaside. Have a great week. xx Maggie #10

Kat W said...

Happy Bearthday. & Birthday Elizabeth! Gorgeous creative card/gifts. Kat :-)x

TwinkleToes2day said...

Oh dear! How dim am I?! (no you don't have to answer that) I can't believe I didn't pick up on the 'Birthday part of bEarthday :/ As Homer would say, slapping forehead, "Doh!"
Well, belated Happy Birthday greetings to you Elizabeth. I can see it was a fun-filled, parcel packed happy munching day of it. I'm so glad. And I have enjoyed seeing all your photies :o))

BJ said...

Gosh the week has run away with me so I haven't replied to all my WOYWW comments yet! Sorry I'm late. Sorry I wasn't around to wish you happy returns too, what am I like? Love the black and white album, what a great gift. Oh and the eggs are from dies I got. Thanks for your visit. BJ#52

BJ said...

Did you follow the link to Future Learn? I'm loving the Chemistry course, got all my supplies together for the next installment on Monday. BJ

pearshapedcrafting said...

Please excuse me for being late in wishing you Happy Birthday! Have seen your posts in miniature on my phone but not been able to comment! Looks as though you had a great time! Hugs, Chris67