Monday, February 17, 2014

Men of Money: Honoring Presidents' Day

For those of you living in the US, today is Presidents' Day.  Some believe it honors our Presidents, past and present.  Some believe it replaces Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays by the Federally mandated Uniform Mandatory Holiday, a bill that passed in the late 1960s, but went into effect on the third Monday in February, 1971.

Even more mysterious is whether it is called Presidents' Day, President's Day, or even Presidents Day, because the usage is inconsistent, as I learned as I was conducting an internet search.  One thing all can agree on is, it is a Federal holiday, which technically applies only to persons employed by the federal government (and the District of Columbia).  Individual state governments do not have to observe federal holidays, although many do.

Today I thought I would bring back an oldie, but goodie,

that can be found in my Money altered book.  You can follow the link to see it in its entirety.

I tried to take a photo of the page I call "Men of Money," but the book was so full, I couldn't get a good grip on it. 

Instead, possibly this scan will show these Presidents better. 

Four Presidents are represented here.  I used four pages I cut along the spine at varying widths, then added each faux bill.  I staggered the bills

so each could be seen as the reader flipped through the pages.

No matter what you think of when you hear Presidents' Day, or how you spell it, it's a day when we don't get mail and our federal offices are closed.  Happy Presidents'/President's/Presidents Day everyone in the US, and happy Monday to everyone else in the world.

5 thoughtful remarks:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I definitely go take a look at your money AB--the bills look real! Hope you are enjoying Basketball and have warmed up a little!

Halle said...

Men of money...love that.
My kids originally had today off honoring the holiday but instead today is a makeup day due to all the days we've had off. We'll guess what? Now they have a 2 hr late start due to a snow storm. They weren't meant to go to school today after all. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the money faces....now the holiday just serves as a retail blast as always. Too bad huh. xox

Vicki Miller said...

Another great altered book!

Kristin said...

I LOVE this!! xoxo