Friday, July 5, 2013

Index Card a Day: July 1 to July 5

As promised, I have switched the day I show my ICADs to Friday because that is the day that Tammy at Daisy Yellow posts the link.  This seemed like a very short week to me, ICAD wise, but a busy week because of the holiday we in the States just celebrated.

After reading Tammy's blog earlier, I understand we are supposed to document our month of ICADs. Although this camera takes lousy photos, and I don't have a Flickr account, here are a few pictures I came up with.

A month of daily art.  Some good, some neutral, some pretty bad.  All worthy of going into a handmade book at the end of July.

Trying to get a good shot was nearly impossible.

This direction wasn't any better, either.

Sorry they aren't exactly photogenic (I loved how one participant placed hers in the form of a heart), but this was a quick take because I have been (and still am) entertaining.  Now let's get to this week's ICADs.

Day 31
I started July with the weekly theme using a bit of brown, one of the weekly themes proposed by Tammy.  I stamped the word July, which only reinforces the fact I can't stamp.

Day 32
 One of the optional themes was tea.  As some of you know, I hold a weekly Tea Tuesday post on my blog, so this is a favorite subject with me.  I paired an IC with a mask I made out of a plastic lid with a pan pastel.  I didn't realize the pan pastels had to be sealed, so I've got a bit of mess.  Of course, I added the Rose Garden tea bag holder to the mix.

Day 33
 For July 3, I stamped onto a dried tea bag.  I love the texture of not-quite-opaque tea bags, and they make great collage fodder, too.

Day 34
I couldn't miss the 4th of July, or Independence Day in the States without honoring it with an IC.  The gold stars didn't scan well, though.

Day 35
I started by laying down the letters T, E, and A.  Then I covered them up (accidentally, I might add) with the three tea bags.  I have a thing for British teas, I guess.  Note I tried to leave room on the left side for the holes I plan to punch at the end of the challenge.


That's it for this week.  I look forward to seeing you on Tammy's blog.  And maybe I'll join you for a spot of tea, too.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Linda Gibbons said...

Very nice! I love the stamped July--it fits perfectly with our weather here, hazy, hot and humid.

Monica said...

I find that doing one a day results in shoveling gas tuff out with not much fun and stress to perform. The mind needs this workout and you get my admiration . Carry On!

Anonymous said...

Pretty yummy pile of Icad's there....belated happy 4th, enjoyed no firworks, stayed inside with freaking out dogs.....maybe cats do better? xox

voodoo vixen said...

I love them and they will look fabulous in a book at the end of the month. My favourites... the tea ones of course!!

Darla said...

Great! Genius to make a book out of them. I like to use dried tea bags too and really like the IC you did with the birds on the bag.

Darla

Dianne said...

Dear E--your photos are better than mine--I didn't get any taken! at least not yet...I seem to see a tea theme here...and it's lovely. great card for the 4th too. You have a great variety of cards, and I think your book will turn out amazing!

~*~Patty S said...

Enjoying the tea theme in your ICADs E :) ... that is a very fine array of creativity you have there AND I like your plans to make a book with them...you are very good at taking things to the next level oxo

~*~Patty S said...

your birdies stamped on the used tea bag speak to me especially!
Happy Weekend to ya!
oxo

Cheryl Gee said...

Somehow I missed the tip to show all our cards so far. Thank you for keeping me up to date with ICAD!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Not only are you keeping up with this daily challenge, but you already have plans for saving the cards in a hand made book! Go Elizabeth! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

Rita said...

LOVE these! Especially the little birds on the wire. So cute!

sharon said...

Love them all especially the birds on the wire, but I also love the pink teacup, I havent had that flavour, must look out for it. I saw the heart post too and thought it cool.

Halle said...

That is a serious collection of ICAD's. Looking forward to the book.

Joyfulploys said...

What a great assortment of ICADs!I have a thing about tea myself :)

Deborah Weber said...

How fun seeing your spread of June cards. And what a great start to the July collection. I'll join you in a cup of tea to celebrate. ;-)

Prairie Jill said...

Loved seeing your June collection! Isn't it fun to see them all together? (I had trouble getting a good photograph of mine, too.)

Love your new cards, too. My favourite is Day 31 - I really like the simplicity and the colours.

Sue M said...

Love the birds stamped on a tea bag - very inspiring - might just have to do one too...