Friday, May 17, 2013

Lunch with Sally

Did you ever try to get a dear friend to come out of her doldrums?  Well, I did on Wednesday, when I should have been making art for the big WOYWW event in two weeks. 

Instead, I talked Sally into going with me to buy fish oil for Bleubeard's nasty looking coat.  I was told the fish oil should help put the shine back in it, but all I could find were those soft-gel tablets.  Not sure how well that will work, but that's a story for another day.

After I bought the fish oil, I suggested going to Old Town for lunch.  Before lunch could happen, I had to take a photo of this piece of art.  Thankfully, there are lots and lots of sculptures in the Old Town and downtown area of my city.

Then we were off to a local restaurant.

I asked Sally to smile, but that was about all I got out of her!
 
A quick look at the menu and I was ready for a Veggie Pizza.  It was marvelous, and larger than I expected.  In fact, I brought half of it home and even shared a piece with Sally.  Of course, she shared some of her fries with me, so I thought that was a great trade.  After all, I'm a fool for fries, since it's not something I would make at home.

Having been to this restaurant before, I knew it was too dark inside to get a decent photo of the pizza, so you just have to take my word that it was as beautiful as it was delicious.  Although I've made no art, I got Sally out of the house, which was the plan!  How do you get your friends out of their doldrums?


15 thoughtful remarks:

Krisha said...

Good for you!! When a friend is down, they need a friend to help lift them up. I am sure it did more for her than she let on. A good deed is worth more than a ton of art, and will be remembered much, much longer!!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I'm sure Sally's mood lifted just spending time with her friend, good food was just the "frosting".

Donna: said...

Aren't we ALL fools for fries? So glad you had a good time out and about! Winter was too long, you need some new air. Hope the fish oil works for Bluebeard !

Caterina Giglio said...

what a good friend you are to cheer her up... and I think if you break open the capsules and spread it on cat food, the oil should do the trick!! x

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You're a good friend, Elizabeth, and I hope Sally was cheered up a little by the outing. Oh, poor Bluebeard--hope the fish oil shines him right up! Have a great weekend!

SandeeNC said...

My best friend is easy, all I have to do is make her a mermaid! lol But I like the lunch idea better! Thank you so much for stoppin by my blog, I always love having visitors!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Divers and Sundry said...

i love public art!

sometimes just a change of scene is cheering, and knowing a friend cares enough to try

Rita said...

You make me miss my dearest, soul-sister friend Ruby who passed away in February. She said all she had to do was hear my voice and it cheered her up. (Same for me.) I could always make her laugh.

I want to hear about the fish oil, too. ;)

voodoo vixen said...

Hope the fish oil works on poor Bleubeard's coat, I must admit, poor Tom-Tom is looking pretty raggedy at the moment due to the sudden climate change.. and I vaccum a spare cut on a daily basis!! ;)
I hope you managed to cheer Sally up, I am sure a trip out with a good friend and a meal did the trick!!

Yvonne said...

You are a good friend. She is lucky to have you.
Hope she is feeling more cheerful soon.
I think the fish oil will work, it did for our old cat years ago. He was an outside coon cat, and we just put it on his food. At first he didn't like it, but then he got hungry enough and it never bothered him anymore after that. lOL

Halle said...

Nice of you to keep trying to get her out of her funk.

Dianne said...

Yay for you getting Sally out and about...best thing for her I bet! and maybe a new kitten down the line will help too...always fun to have some 'girl time.' I've heard it's been proven to be a great stress reliever! thanks for taking us along...

Anonymous said...

Pretty street views and I bet that veggie pizza was yummy. Mushroon and spinach is one of my best combos...what's yours? xox

~*~Patty S said...

You are a thoughtful and generous friend E!
Helping take a friend's mind off of painful things is a gift...being out in nature or creating something or visiting new places always seems a nice treat to me.
Hope Bleubeard does well with the fish oil ... it is supposed to be good for humans...
oxo

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Anyhow, just wanted to say excellent blog!

Visit my webpage - Evgeni Malkin Authentic Jersey