Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Patriotic tea

It's almost time to celebrate. Here in the US, we take our independence pretty seriously. We hang flags, pull out the red, white, and blue, and have friends stop by for a visit.


It may be a rusty copper house and merely a porch decoration, but it's also sporting a flag for the holiday.


In anticipation of a party, I've stacked several garnet red glasses onto a blue plate I covered with a white doily. Feel free to grab one. I have plenty, even though I'm having company tomorrow.


It's hard to tell these glasses are stacked, and their deep red color is very dark in this photo.


I've already grabbed my glass. I'm having iced tea


and sharing my patriotic spirit.


Turn left,


turn right,


turn sideways.


It doesn't matter where I look, it all feels quite festive and patriotic to me. And of course, that means it's time for a tea party. Be sure to join Kimmie and my Tea Tuesday friends, put on your party hats, and celebrate your favorite drink today. And happy Independence Day tomorrow to all my blogging friends who live in the States.

Link
If you haven't already, please feel free to enter my blogoversary giveaway HERE. All you have to do is leave a comment on the giveaway post and nothing more.

____________________

15 thoughtful remarks:

LiliansArt said...

Have a great July 4th. Love your porch and the ruby red glass so pretty!

Angie said...

Wish i could join you on your porch ...looks homely yet festive ...Have a wonderful 4th. xx

Dianne said...

Happy Tea and Happy Fourth! I love your porch!

SandeeNC said...

You seem ready to sit on your porch and wave the flag at a passing parade! I love old timey southern porches! waving from the hills of North Carolina :)

Terrie said...

What a charming and welcoming porch! Just enough decorating to welcome the holiday but not so much that it takes hours to put up and down. Wish I could drop by and join you for tea tomorrow!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...awe Elizabeth your front porch looks great, I adore your mailbox (ours here in England are so boring) but i do loVe yours, and all the flags look so pretty in readiness...hope you and Bleubeard are keeping well...Mel :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Have a Happy 4th of July with your company! I love your porch--just the kind you can sit on and watch the world go by!

Jo Murray said...

Happy Independence day to you... and all your US followers. Nice porch... and I'll raise an iced tea to the occasion.

Kezzy said...

Oh wow you have made it really homely, I wish I lived nearer lol. It must be so special each year with Independence day and I'm sure everyone is very friendly, my mums birthday is on the 4th July so I don't tend to forget :-). I just want to say I am so sorry I haven't been to visit, I am slowly catching up with everyone and having a good look through the posts I have missed. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my family situation, it was so nice and made me feel so much better about myself as a mum. I am so ultra glad you loved your ATC, I hope you don't mind I still had your address and I wanted it to be a surprise and make you smile :-). Thank you for being you, Happy woyww :-) Kerry xxx

Anonymous said...

I want to come sit on your porch, and have a glass of tea !

Rita said...

Have a great time! Love the red glasses. Happy Fourth! :)

~*~Patty S said...

Happy T Day
and
Happy 4th of July too dear E

Your porch looks like a perfect place to be and sip anything in those pretty garnet glasses
oxo

Unknown said...

Happy 4th- have a nice vacation! We actually got a break from our heat wave which I am ever so grateful for- last week we had two days of 106 degree record breaking weather!
Hugs,
Stephanie
P.S. LOVE your porch and front walkway, it's so welcoming!

voodoo vixen said...

Happy 4th July to you Elizabeth!! Love the look of your porch, very relaxing and welcoming!! 4th July was my Dad's birthday... back in the 60's he and my Mum did a 6 month training assignment in the States and I will always remember him telling me about how they went all out to celebrate his birthday when he was there!! LOL

Tracey FK said...

love the strawberry lemonade from the last post... I think it is my favourite this week... and I would love to sit on that porch and relax.... that is o inviting and I love the glasses... we used to have some venetian red crystal wine glasses that were almost that colour and they always made the table look wonderful;... now I am thinking I need to hunt them out... hope you had a wonderful 4th of July...xx