Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Still celebrating my birthTEA

I'm hoping at least some of you will stop by today for some cake and tea. I have more of each than I know what to do with them.


I've given several pieces of birthday cake away, and I'm hoping at least a few of you will take a piece, too. However, the tea I'll save for myself. On the left, are some lovely tea "pearls" that blossom when infused. I got them from Cath in Cyprus when she sent her color swap pages to me. I also got these tea bags from my friend Halle as part of a birthday gift.


I also got the most beautiful handmade card from Annette. Lots of chipboard and embossing powder turned the letters into a beautiful sentiment. And the card with the tea pitcher and cup are from Patty S, who is now on her way across the pond. And there is even a bag of tea as part of the gift and card. Love it!


And here is a bit about the blossoms. They should be served in a clear glass (they suggest a wine glass), so you can see them better when they open.


And this is the name of the tea house where they came from.

So I hope you have some cake with me today, and visit Kimmie for the links to all my other Tea Tuesday friends and participants. And since I'm wide awake, I might as well go to Kimmie's right now and join in on the fun of the day. Then maybe I'll try to get some sleep.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Ohhh Snap said...

The cake look scrumptious, and I love the flower teas. Hope your birthday was fantastic :D

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy birthTEA to you! I have a blossoming tea that I haven't even used yet. Should get a wineglass out and give it a go. :) Love the card with the tea bag inserted. Cute! Have a terrific Tuesday. Tammy

Anonymous said...

I love tea blossoms! so pretty. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday~ here is to many more (I will think of you as I eat my devil square)
Peace~
Dawn

Yvonne said...

Happy birth-tea to you and that cake looks delicious. Tea blossons are always so pretty. Reminds me to get mine out. I have a glass tea pitcher that has an insert in it for the blosson. They are sooo pretty.
Happy tea day!

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Happy birthday. I would so love a piece!

Darla said...

Pass the cake please :-)

It is so much fun to see and read about the different teas you try. I have some tea "blossoms" that I use in a glass pot. Pretty.

Darla

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh Elizabeth, the tea blossoms sound like fun, I have haven't heard of them before so will have to investigate this phenomenon further! Happy Tea Tuesday and there always room for more cake!! ;)

Halle said...

MMM...cake. I have to have coffee or milk with cake. It all looks good though. The tea "pearls" sound very interesting.

Julia Dunnit said...

I'll have cake,no prob! Count on me! Glad you're still enjoying the fruits of your day!

Jill said...

Thanks for the cake...delicious! Happy Birthtea!

Nancy said...

Your cake looks yummie! Love the icing part the very best :) Happy Birthtea to you, enjoy your goodies.

olive said...

sorry I missed you birthday... haven't been on the computer for a few days. I'm thrilled you had and are still having a great time. hugs olive

Unknown said...

happy birthtea :)
that's so fun ... you invented something new!
I am so glad for you that it has become a long lasting celebration - those are the best kind! we call the birth seasons in my family - it has to last longer than just one day!!!

Gayle Price said...

Happy Tuesday tea and continuing B'day tea ! Enjoy it Elizabeth, you won't have another one for 12 months so make the most of it. I would love some birthday cake but am so full of Easter chocolate ! Diet starts tomorrow ( it always starts tomorrow )

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Mmmm...cake! LOL I've heard of those special teas where the flower actually blossoms. Hope you enjoyed it! :) Theresa