Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Electric Heart

I almost forgot to post anything today. Yesterday Dana and I were unable to work together, so I spent the day working on projects that have a short due date. I can't show them yet, but all will be revealed soon.

One thing I did finish and can show is this spread in my Hands AB. I started with a sheet of the yummy deli paper for a background, which I never got around to doing anything more with. To that I added a magazine image that I sewed a piece of deli paper in the shape of a heart to, and added the beads. They actually dangle below the book, but this is how they scanned. I still have to add the title, but I was in a bit of a hurry to have something to post. This is turning out to be one of my favorite spreads, except I now believe I'll add more red to the background. It's a bit too pink for the image and the fabric beads.

Today's blog of choice is Jeb's Junky Trinkets. Don't let the name fool you. His art and photography are definitely NOT junk. They are true works of art.

9 thoughtful remarks:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy watching your altered books come together as well! Have a great one!

Halle said...

I am totally in love with this page!!!! Everything about it is awesome!

Donna: said...

The Pink really makes it look electric.... All your spreads are fantastic.. but I can almost FEEL this one. Wonderful

Christine Clemmensen said...

woah! This is cool!
:-)

Seth said...

Really stellar page. So vibrant!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Brilliant heart in electric hand Elizabeth...this spread really sings!!!
oxo

Marlynn said...

Seems everyone else has said it all. I really admire and love this layout!

Dianne said...

wonderful AB spread...you know I'm partial to bright colors & especially 'hot pink' love this!...your series of Blogger Sites to Check out is inspired...great idea and fun!

Cindy McMath said...

Love this page Elizabeht! The heart really grabbed me.

Cindy :)