Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Collage: a beginning

Most of my day was spent working in my yard. It's that time of year when the yard requires more of my time in preparation of winter. So I only had time to start one collage. I began by laying down 2" scrap squares on chipboard using UHU glue stic.

Next I stenciled blue glaze through punchinella (sequin waste). When the glaze was dry, I dry brushed gesso on the page, getting a little too exuberant in some areas.

When I was sure that layer was dry, I added dress pattern tissue over the entire piece using UHU Twist & Glue. I used an old faux credit card to work out all the bubbles, then laid down another layer of Twist & Glue to seal the piece.

When dry, I added light green and copper circles to the piece. It is now ready for an image and sentiment.

5 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

Nice! I really like how the light green circles pop.

Donna: said...

Great begining, can't wait to see it finished. It looks great as it is now.:) Thank you for showing the individual build up. Something I might try now.
Yep.. the garden is calling me today too. Lots of things to remove, and bring inside for winter. It just needs to get warm enough to get outside. Love your blog E.

Miki Willa said...

I really like this a lot. It looks so different from the beginning to the last stage you show. I will have to try this, if you don't mind. Where would I find punchinella?

Robin said...

Great collage piece!

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful collage, so much depth and interest and so nice to see the progression! you have to be so organized to pull that off E!
I've tried photographing a step by step and get lost and forget to click one of the steps LOL