Thursday, June 18, 2009

The surprise: a spread in my Hand AB

Fabric can be as much fun as paper.


This is an interactive page in my Hand AB where the viewer can open the surprise package. I began by decorating the background using Staz-On black ink, then lime green and metallic lavender acrylic paints. I then added the surprise, all wrapped up in a pretty sheer green bow.

When opened, you see the surprise. I sewed a piece of decorated card stock to the material, then added a polymer clay hand.

Here is a detail of the hand I made using a rubber stamp and copper polymer clay.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Dianne said...

I love the results you got on this...of course you know I'm partial to fabric...lovely...

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

beautiful pages Elizabeth, I like gluing fabric in books, yours is splendid, the glow around the special hand is brilliant!

After reading about your misadventures today....well, tomorrow should be better...right :)