Friday, February 6, 2009

Mardi Gras tip-in prototype

I had a terrible time with these tip-ins and I still don't care for them. The big problem is I messed up when I created them. I made this side thinking it would be the back side. It has all my personal information on it, so by rights, it needs to be the back. However, the room I left, or the "margin," is on the left and needs to be the front.

To attempt to correct this, I stamped party hats and the word "party" on a page and covered the information, at least making it interactive. Not one of my finer spreads, but I do like the mask, feather, and ribbons.
Again, this side was supposed to be the front, but is now the back. The green circles are supposed to symbolize the Mardi Gras beads, but they are a bit large. I tried to use my 1/4" punch for these, but the circles were so tiny it would have taken me forever to make one string of beads.

1 thoughtful remarks:

The Paper Artist said...

I like this. Really simple and full of Mardi Gras spirit and color.