Saturday, August 23, 2008

Halloween ATCs

These are two Halloween themed ATCs for a swap. I made each person one of each. The left one is called "The costume." I started with a black napkin for the background, then layered die cut paint chip pumpkins over it. Finally, I added a glittery pumpkin that I bought at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago.

I printed the cats and made one extra. I'm glad I did, because the first "Happy Halloween" I used a Sharpie and it didn't give me the look I was going for. So, I switched to orange paint and a liner brush. Since I'm not a painter, I had about as much control over the brush as I have picking a running mate for McCain. I felt very fortunate that the words are half-way legible. Any other time, I could have gotten drips from the paint without trying. Since I was going for a drip, of course I couldn't get one on its own. I added halloween ribbon and named it "Black cat halloween."

1 thoughtful remarks:

Linda Manning Findley said...

cute Halloween ATC's ... you getting into the Spirit ..... Linda F