Monday, March 3, 2008

Can I call these collAHges?

I created this mask as a possible prototype for a recycle, reuse, repurpose swap on ABC yahoo group. I scanned it because it was a single tip-in page when I started. I began by using an old hold/stop mail card from the USPS. It is the exact size of a standard sized tip-in, so made a good back drop for the mask, made from scraps of CS, stamped hmp circle inserted into a bottle cap, a piece of alcohol inked transparency, and an old earring.
I gave up on the idea and added it to my CollAHge book, then used my digi cam for what I thought might be a better photo. The color is better in the scan, but I like how the earring actually lays the right way in this photo.
"Family" began with a sponged background using distress ink. The picture is from a 2002 Humane Society desk calendar. The embellishment attached to "Family" is a CD shard that has been decorated with embossing powder, glitter, a leaf, and some copper meshy stuff (I have no idea what it is, or where it came from, but it sort of matched the project). The picture background was white, so I swiped it with distress ink to age it slightly, then outlined it using a copper leafing pen.
Buddies, the final piece for today, came from the same desk calendar. I also darkened it a bit with distress ink, and added gold leafing around the outside. Scraps of pink, lavender, red, and beige were used as the background.

0 thoughtful remarks: