Saturday, March 8, 2008

Back to collAHge

A bit of whimsy, a few less scraps in my stash and this piece was created. I first saw the title "Designed by Architects" and set out to find images that went with it. I added silver mica powder, left over from my paper towel experiment, on the silverware handles.
What I love about this book is, I am not limited by style or theme, but only by the "stuff" I have. Originally I was saving this image for Kat's Vintage Book, but decided it would go just as well in this book. I call it "Untitled Vintage Girl."
What better way to use those little pieces I had lying around that are too small or insignificant on their own, than in a spread showcasing the tools of the collage artist's trade. I made it so the pieces seemed to be flying out of "The Collage Artist's Tool Box," like they didn't want to be contained. All that is needed to make the perfect collage are glue and scissors.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Stupid me was looking for the author and then realised it was you! That is a wonderful idea and making a book of it is an even better fate than letting the pieses fall away on their own! So nice!