Monday, December 2, 2019

Second on the 2nd: Numbers in her head


Please note, if your Second on the 2nd post is the same as your T Tuesday post, PLEASE add it both places.  T will be "served" at its normal time today.

I always love it when I can pair one of my second looks with the current Art Journal Journey host's theme.  This month was easy.  I found a plethora of spreads I have created with numbers, and here is the one I chose.  I've shown it below.  It was published in January, 2016, and called:
She added numbers in her head

Today I'm joining the very talented mixed media artists at Try it on Tuesday, or TioT whose theme this fortnight is Letters and Numbers, as well as Moo-Mania and More whose theme is Anything Goes.


In my Coll-AH-ge Too altered book, I added this entry.  In a previous life, I was a math, physics, mechanical engineer, and statistician, so adding numbers in my head was an easy task.


That's what gave me the idea to create this entry.  In case you can't read my handwriting, it reads: "She added the numbers in her head."



These are obviously some of the numbers she added.



She has a good head on her shoulders, that 's for sure.



This page started with some chalk paints I found when I was looking for watercolors that were not Twinkling H2Os.   These are actually paint pens I'd never used, and it took awhile for the paint to flow into the nibs.  They didn't blend as well as I'd hoped, but they finally flowed better.  It's probably obvious I started at the top, and was able to blend them using my finger toward the bottom of the page.
Other supplies included various numbers from several sticker sets and a woman's head I fussy cut from a decade old fashion magazine.
_________________________________________________________________


Now it's time for you to link your second look on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  The only condition is it must have been published sometime in the past. Then link below and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.    Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page E, have a great week. Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Happy Second on the 2nd! I remeber this beautiful page! It is gorgeous. Happy new week.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous page.xx

Iris Flavia said...

I don´t think I was into math or physics in my last life, if so,, it all vanished!
Infinitesimalrechnung was my real enemy!
I asked the (stupid) teacher what I can do with it? "Study". Great.

A beautiful woman! And Mickey Mouse! Great combo!

Meggymay said...

I love this page, numbers in her head and Mickey have me smiling and my imagination running riot.
I do add up in my head, especially when just buying a few items in a shop, an old not forgotten habit.
I am so pleased you will be linking this fantastic to the new Art Journal Journey theme.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page and I like her headpiece. Fit for a Little Princess though this Little Princess has to have a loyal calculator to manipulate numbers. Back in the college days, a 4 function calculator from Texas Instrument that cost $100
😱

Darla said...

Perfect for the challenge. I like the festive look. Had a bit of a time adding my link but think it is finally there .

Lisca said...

Happy second on the 2nd. Sorry I'm late we have been without power all day and then when the power came on there was a surge and it didn't get fixed until now.
Lisca

kathyinozarks said...

good morning,great second look
thanks for hosting hugs Kathy

Caty said...

This Art journal page is really wonderful Elizabeth !! Great idea !! Love the so beautiful background you have created, and the numbers and the head. Really fabulous ! I ´m sorry I didn´t visit your blog these last weeks, I was very bussy dsoing scarves and bears for Christmas, and did´n´t get more tim, sorry.
I wish you a very nice week, and send big hugsss,
Caty

froebelsternchen said...

Me again, sorry about not answering your last email but at the moment I get failure notices when sending to you from both of my email adresses. Sorry! I am wondering why just I have this problem and just with your addy....😿
Everthing is clear for me meanwhile with the AJJ blog. Blogger told me that I am not responsible for anything belonging to the blog any longer if I am deleted as admin. Just the actual admin is responsible.So please don't care about the site notice/Impressum.This seems not to be an European blog any longer, so no need for our blogging rules.

Jeanie said...

I always love your Second on the Second. So many things that were posted before I discovered you!

Divers and Sundry said...

Those big, beautiful eyes! And quite a lot on her mind :)

craftytrog said...

Really love this Elizabeth! The colours and blending are great! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I remember this fabulous page and I still love it! Hope you don't mind me mixing things up! Hugs, Chrisx
ps I'll be here for T tomorrow!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great 2nd on the 2nd page, Elizabeth. I can hardly do that anymore - add numbers in my head. Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

I remember this one. I still love how you used that sassy pretty girl and used that great saying. It is all girl power for her. Hope it was a good Dec. 2 Hugs-Erika

RO said...

Wow! Never knew that about you, and it's very, very cool. This page is truly wonderful. I had a close friend who passed away a few months ago who was the only person I ever knew who could do any type of math problems in his head. I tried to stump him all the time, and he got it right every time. I always felt like his mind was so magical. And to know that you have that same gift is pretty phenomenal. Great post! Hugs, RO