Monday, June 24, 2019

T Stands For Gifts Galore



We aren't going far today.  Just to my dining room table.  You can see Bleubeard and I have received lots of wonderful gifts through the mail this week.  And look at those postage stamps.  LOVE them.  The two smaller packages are gifts from friends who play in WOYWW (or What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday).  I will show those tomorrow.

KathyinOzarks was talking about depression glass last week.  I decided to show a green cup, one of several I have.  I don't drink out of it, but I think it is beautiful for as old as it is.

The larger envelope came from my dear friend Cindy at Pink Bird Studio.  Cindy and I have been friends probably as long as Halle and I, even though we have never met.  Some friendships transcend time and space.

Look at these wonderful papers, the star stencil, and the washi papers.  I will probably hoard those.

Then there's the incredible art card made from a postcard.  It includes one of Cindy's hand carved houses.  Her collages are so impressive.  I wish I could design collages like hers. 

Last, but certainly not least, look at the icing on the proverbial cake.  Page after page of rocking horses, to be cut and used in my art, or left for me to stroke and admire.

I'm sure some of you read last Friday that the children are coming later in the week.   For those of you new to T Stands For Tuesday, I had a friend who died in May, 2017, after being diagnosed with cancer shortly before Christmas in 2016.  She left me in charge of her three children, who at the time were two tweens and one teen, until their aunt could arrive from California to take them to their new home.  A nasty and very quick divorce with the father relinquishing his parental rights, put me in charge of them, acting as their guardian on a temporary basis.  It was the last thing my friend did before she died.  We were all at the Cancer Center where she died.  It may have been the worst day of my life, other than losing my grandparents (who raised me from birth).  I can only imagine what the children were experiencing and what emotions they were feeling at the time.

They are now well adjusted two teens and one tween, and enjoying life to the fullest with their aunt who has now legally adopted them.  They have already informed me they will be here at the end of the week.  I can't wait to see them again, although I have nothing planned this year for them to see and do.

It's now time for you to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.

Don't forget to be thinking about your ATC you will exchange on July 16 when T Stands For Tuesday turns six.  Complete details of the upcoming PIF or Pay it Forward "rules" will be discussed next week.

I would also be remiss if I didn't remind you this is the last Tuesday of the month, so please dig up your Second on the 2nd post.  The only requirement is it must be one you have shown (published) in the past. 



29 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

You got some lovely gifts again, enjoy! The depression glass cup is lovely, I have several pieces of this glass in pink from my great Aunt. Happy T Day Valerie

johanna said...

wonderful gifts, enjoy them! and especially enjoy the time with the kids of your friend. so good to hear they have a wonderful life at their aunt now. happy t-day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Great gifts! I know you're looking forward to your company and they're excited about the trip.

CJ Kennedy said...

What a great haul! And your Depression glass cup is so very pretty. Happy T Day!

Halle said...

Lovely gifts from Cindy! I just gave a pink depression glass bowl back to closer family over the weekend. It didn't have as much meaning to me as them so they were thrilled to have it.
Have fun with the kids!
Happy T day1

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Love all the rocking horses from Cindy, Elizabeth. I know you'll have fun with those. That the teens and tween want to visit you is quite a tribute to how special you are to them. I hope you'll have a good time together.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

kathyinozarks said...

Lots of fun mail-and I love your green depression cup-so pretty I just have a couple pieces of the green which I like better than the pink.
Enjoy the kids when they come to visit-I am sure you will find some fun things to do. Happy T hugs Kathy

Cindy McMath said...

Glad you liked your very very belated gifts Elizabeth! Hugs from Vegas. Pretty cup too - I have some similar in pink of my grandma’s. I’m glad you are getting to see the kids again. Enjoy your visit!

Mia said...

Gorgeous gifts, Elizabeth. I love the star stencil and the lovely card.
What a beautiful green cup (green is my favourite colour).
I am sure you will enjoy your time with the kids. I understand how you feel.
And thank you for reminding us about the ATC exchange and the Second on the 2nd. Hugs, my dear friend.

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what wonderful,thoughtful gifts you have received! I'm sure you will especially cherish the rocking horse papers:):) Lovely depression glass cup. I have rose colored and clear Depression glass- never saw the green.
Such a heartbreaking and loving story at the same time regarding your friend and her children. I'm sure they are so thrilled to be coming to visit no matter what. You gave your friend an eternal gift and she left this world comforted. Enjoy your time with them, and happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

You have some wonderful gifts. Those papers are lovely and definitely hoard worthy.
Your green depression glass tea cup is so beautiful!
Enjoy your visit with the children. How awful that you lost your friend but such an honor that she left you temporary guardianship. She must have really loved and trusted you.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Nice mail this week. Isn't it fun to go to the mailbox and get packages? And that is a really pretty cup. I bet you could drink from it but I would worry that something might happen, so I understand why you don't drink from it. Have fun with the kids and I'll miss tea and second on the second next week, but hope you have a great week with your guests. hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

What neat gifts you got this week! Can’t wait to see how you use the rocking horses! I wish you the best time with your “children”!
Happy Tea Day, Elizabeth!

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, you reçeived amazing gifts Elizabeth and this glass looks absolutely pretty.Sounds so good that the kids have a good life.Their mother put their lifes in the hands of amazing women.Enjoy the time with them.Happy T-Day my lovely friend and Co-Admin.
Susi xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful gifts wow, love that cup my mum had some like that and I still have a vase and bowl of hers, treasures of mine...

Anne (cornucopia) said...

You always receive great goodies in the mail. Those stamps are fantastic. I love the rocking horse papers. I didn't know about the children, and I hope they have a fun visit. Happy T-Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

What lovely gifts! The rocking horse images are wonderful, a really thoughtful gift 😁. I bet you can't wait to see the children again and I hope you all have a wonderful time together! Wishing you a happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

J said...

Happy T Day Elizabeth, what lovely gifts you've received and the rocking horse papers are wonderful, I can imagine your brain buzzing with ideas!
Have a great time with the children.
Jan x

Lisca said...

How wonderful to receive such happy mail. You have been spoilt with so many gifts, particularly the rocking horses. We all know you love those.
Thak you for reminding me about the ATCs. I will start on those after I come home on Thursday.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Jeanie said...

Oh My! Elizabeth, what lovely gifts. I can especially see why you would fall in love with the rocking horse images and I'll bet we'll see these again! What terrific treats!

Have fun with your littles!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dr. E, Thanks for stopping by the blog to see the little video, so glad you liked it, and it was fun to stop by your place for tea! Love your presents and you are right, the collaged card is fab! Thanks for always leaving a comment, I am afraid I am stretched pretty thin these days, but I will try to stop by more often! X

Meggymay said...

\sorry to be late calling in. uour happy mail looks lovely. your friends know your love of rocking hordrd very well. \i realy love the green shade of the besutiful glsdd cup. \i'm surw you treasurw it. ITS GWTTING CLOSER TO YJE KIDS ARRIVING, i THINK THEY WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO STAYING WITH YOU AS MUCH AS YOU are having them stay with you.
MY COMPUTER Keyboard is really playing up and doesn't know CpitL LETTER FROM A LOWER CAse one to SS TO MY FUDDLed brians state today.
HAPPY t DAY wishes ELIZbeth.
YVONNE XX

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm sorry to hear you lost electricity again Elizabeth. That is so frustrating.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What lovely gifts! Great to see you are going to get some time with the children! Hope your electricity is back on now! Hugs, Chris xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hope your power comes back soon, don't worry about commenting...let me know when your parcel arrives too.
Monte loves to play in my craft room at night as he is outdoors all day, but I give him empty boxes and know when he is tired as he goes crazy, so then we clean it all up and put him to bed...he is a good boy really for his age.xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Wonderful gifts to receive Elizabeth, i'm sure you will use them all up and not hoard them. Creative friends worldwide are wonderful generous people, many kinder than those people in our lives we have known for years. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in those parcels. The green glass reminds me of a dressing table set that my great grandmother once had, i'm not sure if that was depression glass but it was as green as the cup you show us today. Beautiful treasure.
Wishing you a Happy T Day, even though you know i'm just taking a peek.
Sorry i've not been around this past week but i've been caring for my sick Mother, hope to join in with the WoywW gang later all being well.
Hugs Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

aNOTHER LOVELY POST AND your new gifts look lovely.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice happy mail, great gifts :)

All the best Jan

Caty said...

OOhh, love those so beautiful gifts Elizabeth !! That green glass cup is beautiful, wonderful!
Your Icads week 5 are wonderful, love all! Your designs always amaze me.
Very clever Art page your 10% I love the quote, and the beautiful background you have created.
Wonderful Art page your Creating yourself. I really like how you have perfectly combined the image of the cowboy in the mountains, with the puzzle of letters and the scrap of paper, and all on a fantastic background.
Very interesting your post about the museum, thanks so much for sharing those great photographs.
I'll try to read your posts before these one in an other moment. I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
Caty