Monday, March 11, 2019

T Stands For Panera Bread


Recently, my foodie friend, Sally and I were on the far west side of town.

I saw a Panera Bread and asked Sally if she had ever been to one.  She said she had and

I told her about one of the Tuesday T participants who lives here had been recently.

I was surprised when she pulled into the parking lot.

However, I was delighted I had my camera with me, even though I wasn't expecting to eat out.  

After all, it was Sunday, and Sunday prices are normally higher.

This company specializes in bread and bagels.  Although I didn't look, I suspect they sell gluten free bread, too.

The menu was so far away, I used my camera to focus on the menu items, although I failed to get a picture of the drinks.  I bet you can tell I got a Mediterranean Veggie.

Sally and I both had water, and there was lemon in a dispenser.  We both got a pickle with our sandwich and our choice of bread or potato chips.  I chose chips and Sally opted for bread.

My sandwich looked like it had been thrown together, because it was falling apart even before I touched it.

It was supposed to have hummus on it, but I never found or tasted it.  All I got was lettuce, onion, and tomato and a slice of cucumber on each side.  My sandwich came with whole wheat sesame seed bread, while Sally's appeared to be ciabatta.

It's now time for you to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.




Some of you are having trouble with your comments posting. I always wait to leave the page to ensure the comment posts. However, some of you use comment moderation, so I have no idea if my comments are actually posted or not, even though blogger "assures me" it will be available once the owner of the blog approves it. That means either your comment isn't going through, or the blog owner chose not to post it. Please note, I will not now, nor ever moderate my comments. If your comment isn't showing up before you leave my page, be aware it's NOT me, but blogger acting weird.

27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you didn't get quite what you were expecting at Panera, that's always disappointing. Glad Sally went there with you, anyway. Happy T Day, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm sorry to hear your sandwich didn't come with everything it was supposed to, and that it looked slapped together. You can't get good help anywhere these days. There are a few Paneras near me, but I've never eaten in one. Out of curiosity, I checked the website, and their prices are higher here than where you are. Interesting. Happy T-Day! (Note: I have to moderate my comments because I get spam comments. Fortunately I don't get too many, so I can allow anonymous comments, and I just mark the rogue ones as spam.)

kathyinozarks said...

wow I am sorry your meal at Panera Bread was not right-I have been there with a friend up in Illinois years ago-of course it was difficult to find something for me to eat gluten free-back then they had no gluten free bread-probably 15-20 years ago-but I always thought their foods looks so good.
there soups are usually pretty good but not for me with the gluten issue.
Happy T and thanks so much for hosting for us all

Mia said...

Happy T-day Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!

Meggymay said...

It is such a shame when restaurants don't reach our expectations. From the notice on the wall I would have been hoping for a well served and tasty meal. The sandwich did look as if it was about to collapse sideways. Did Sally get what she ordered in her sandwich?.
Happy T day wishes Elizabeth and to Bleubeard and Squiggles as well.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

wishing you a better restaurant next time!
happy t-day!

Eileen Bergen said...

That sounds unusual for a Panera , Elizabeth ;-) We always make a point of having at least one lunch there when we visit our friends in TX. Maybe quality control is better there.

Happy T-day anyway! Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

I think it was a fluke you didn't get quite the right sandwich. I eat at Panera 3 or 4 times a year and I can't say I've ever had a bad meal. My favorites are the soups or salads and I don't think I ever had a sandwich there so I can't speak about them. And I have also never heard of higher Sunday prices. Must be something we don't have that around here. Maybe at fancy restaurants, but I don't usually visit those. Anyhow, sorry your lunch didn't work out but I hope your T day is a good one and you don't have any bad sandwiches. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

I used to love Panera Bread when I ate bread in collage. I haven't been there since I started a GF diet, but I remember the bread tasting amazing!! The iced raisin bread is perfect for breakfast.
I hate being disappointed with my food. I hope that you have a better experience if you ever decide to visit there again.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

I love Panera. Especially the Vanilla Chai. And their pastries and bagels. I also like their Napa Valley Chicken Salad sandwich. During the Fall, they also have an amazing pumpkin soup. Since going Keto, I haven't been there. It never occurred to me maybe they had gluten free options. Sorry that your sandwich was lackluster. Happy T Day

Susan Kane said...

I liked their soup but their sandwiches had nothing to brag about. Their bagels are pretty good. Maybe I need to give them another chance? Maybe not.

Linda Kunsman said...

Sorry you didn't have a good experience because I love Panera!! I have had the sandwich you chose at least several times and it was always so good- and yes, with hummus. I have been to two different ones in my area and so far they are both consistently good. OK, so for next time (wherever you choose to go) you're due for a great meal! Happy T day!

Lisca said...

What a shame your sandwich was so disappointing. Someone ws having a bad day. I hope it didn't spoil yours.
The place looks really nice. It looks like the sort of place I would be attracted to. The menu looks appealing to me (as a non vegetarian).
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Rita said...

I hope the sandwich was still good.
Have a great day! Happy Tuesday. :)

Sharon Madson said...

I love to have tea/coffee with my girlfriends at Panera. My favorite is cinnamon crunch bagel with walnut cream cheese. Yum! Sorry your sandwich wasn't what you wanted. I personally think their lunches are too pricey.
Happy T Day!

aussie aNNie said...

This has made me hungry and as it's lunch time down under I am off to make a salad sandwich....
it's always upsetting if we don't get what we order.x

chrissie said...

The menu looks quite good but if you didn't get what you wanted it probably wasn't as good as it might have been. Always good to go somewhere with Sally though and try different places

Have a great T Day and thank you to you and Bluebeard for hosting

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

What can I say - I thought firstly - what a fab restaurant -
in the end I can tell you that the best food is the one we cook for ourselves. Then we get what we want to get!
But we enjoy to be out and there is no cooking and kitchen work for us...am I right?! Positive that there are many restaurants who serve wonderful food and have a good service as well. We have to make a kind of "food-journey" to find the best for us ... good to have a foody friend to spend all this adventures with her!

Happy T-Day dear Elizabeth!
Thank you for hosting and a good text because of the comment difficulties.
Big, big hugs and LOVE sent by
Susi

Sami said...

Don't know this chain of restaurants. They have a huge menu to choose from.

Divers and Sundry said...

Sorry about your experience with Panera. We have them here, and although I haven't been in years I never had bad food. Their soups are good :) Prices at restaurants here are sometimes higher at night than during lunchtime, but they aren't higher on Sundays.

I moderate comments because of the spam. It has gotten really bad, with unrelated spam comments, and it's just easier to mark them as spam before they post than to go back and delete them afterwards. So much of the spam appears on posts from many years ago, where I might miss it if I just allowed every comment to appear immediately. I always allow "real" comments to post; it's only the spam being filtered out.

Kim Collister Studio said...

Don't let your experience at one ruin it all for you. Our Panera Bread is the best!! Never had a bad experience or meal there. They have the best bagels in the world. I hope you will give another one a try when you have the opportunity. Sadly management and training doesn't measure the same everywhere.
Have a lovely day!
(I wish I had a bagel)
Kim XX

Let's Art Journal said...

I always enjoy visiting Penera Bread when I'm over in the States although last time I found it was a bit pricey! Shame they didn't put hummus on your sandwich though, it would have been tasted delicious I'm sure 😁. Wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

a bit pricey and sorry your sandwich wasn't up to par; the place looks immaculate though; is it new ?

Carol said...

Bummer that your sandwich wasn't right! Even good restaurants can have bad days :(

pearshapedcrafting said...

I would have thought that a place with 'bread' in their name would serve a decent sandwich - maybe the person making yours had an off day! Sorry you had a bad experience when you were expecting! Wish I hadn't spotted the bagels sign, although since I have just had Mac 'n Cheese I wouldn't have room anyway!! Big Hugs and Happy T day! Chrisx

RO said...

Everyone I know always raves about Panera Bread, so it's the pits that it didn't work out. They're building one about 5 minutes away from me, and now I'm a little iffy about visiting. It doesn't help that I didn't see any cheeseburgers on the menu either.(lol) Hugs...RO

Jeanie said...

I always love Panera but I think they've slipped in recent years, at least the one near me has. The price hasn't though!