Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Second on the 2nd: Looking forward, looking back


As I do every year, I like to look back at what I shared the previous year.  These Second on the 2nd posts read left to right in each row.  If you missed any, this is your chance to catch up.

For my January entry, I am sharing an abstract

that I believe goes nicely with Alison's Geometric theme at Art Journal Journey this month.  Since I was hoping to keep this post short for a change, if you want to see the entire post, you will find it here:


_____________________________________________________________________________
Now that you've seen both my 2018 wrap-up and my first second look of 2019, it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred. 





 

15 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed your wrap up for 2018 I have not done that in awhile
to answer your questions on the crayons-I never did get to that-back around 2011 and for a few years it was a big thing going around-you can shave the crayons on to cloth and they will melt in the sun or artists were doing it also on canvas-I searched my old blog and where I got the idea from-was a friend I used to follow and the link no longer works. I may do some more research on this as now I am curious about it again. lol

kathyinozarks said...

there is allot online about crayons, lots on pinterest too I found this one for using melted crayons and a fabric spray paint to make batiks-https://suzyssitcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/How-to-make-Batik-Fabric-with-Crayons.pdf

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, it's always interesting to look back and see what we did in past times, although I often ask myself why I did things as I did. But as I always see everything just as an experiment, it's okay. Have a fun day, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth, I do like your abstract, especially effective contrasting with the doily (do you call a crocheted mat a doily over there?).
Happy New Year! I did realise that while your keyboard typed "bunny" your head said "cat". My keyboard sometimes does that too just for a laugh.

froebelsternchen said...

A fabulous look back! You are such an inspiration my friend!
I love the abstract!

Happy Second on the 2nd!

Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Nice look back. It's fun seeing these again.I love seeing the colorful pages and the flowers as it is a cold morning here. I'm looking forward to the 2019 version of second on the second. And your latest show is the perfect collection of geometric shapes. Love the texture collection too. I remember this page and wouldn't a summer day on the water be good right now? Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

A great look back - I always enjoy these reminders of your fantastic art!
Dashing off to meet up with Grandchildren and a cinema trip now!! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I like your abstract very much, Elizabeth. Those colors really appeal to me and it has a wonderful composition. It's always fun to see the back-work, too!

Darla said...

I like your mosaic of "look backs". Very nice to see them together. The colors in the abstract are great, balanced somehow.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a lovely quilt of images for your look back. I like the soft colors of a Summer Day on the water and how the doilies look like fluffy, white clouds. Only 170 days until the First Day of Summer. Have a great day!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

a may bee knot sew much post ree lated commint 😊

stopping bye with a new yeerz toon
wood sure bee nice if this waz joon
coz oh everee thing we bee a wishin…
weed bee ona boat N due in sum fishin

happee new yeer frum de frozen tun dra ~ !!

Sandra Cox said...

I love the contrast of the abstract and the doily against the soft background colors.
Have a great one.

Meggymay said...

It was lovely to see your selection of pages for 2018 and I really love the abstract page you shared today.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful display my friend, thanks for the journey, back now to catch up..
Happy New Year and sending lots of health and happiness your way.xx

Eileen Bergen said...

A fun look back, Elizabeth. I enjoyed seeing them again. So I guess that's now a 3rd look back (grin). It was quite a year. You inspire me and your thoughtfulness humbles me.

Love the abstract.

Hugs, Eileen