Monday, December 10, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: week 49 and Tulips


Here are my collages for Week 49.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.  

In case you missed them, here are Week 48's collages.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).


Fire in her heart


The crown


Bending the rules


Meet me at the Heartbreak Hotel


Old school


Midas touch


 Form follows function

If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

But wait, please.  Since Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month,
 

with our themes of My Favorite Season or 'Tis the Season, we have chosen these springtime tulips

as our Favorite Season today.

It doesn't take a translator

to recognize that this is Dutch for "Welcome."






For this journal page, I began by swiping several colors of dye inkers from a wet baby wipe onto my 110 lb. cardstock.  Next, I outlined the page using a blue watercolor pen.  I then added the two tulip images I found on the cover of a "slick" magazine, which made it really difficult to photograph.  I added the sentiment after I elevated part of the tulips using three stacked pieces of cardboard from a box of crackers.     

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey



12 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the collages. Have a great week, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post and a beautiful pic of the gorgeous tulips.

My name is Erika. said...

Super art today my friend. Sorry I have been absent all weekend-I've had my daughter home and several things going on. I always love seeing these collages. I see today you have a heart and royal theme on a few of your collages. And I also love seeing tulips. It's been so cold here that any sign of spring is inspiring. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

I always love seeing these collages Elizabeth - fantastic
and as I love tulips this page today is right my alley! Have a great start of the week and I am thrilled with that amount of art folk at AJJ shared already this month! WOW!


Big hugs, Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

Another week of wonderful collages. I see a blue bird in Midas Touch! Too cold outside for your beautiful tulips. Is it July, yet? Enjoy your day!

Cindy McMath said...

I love the collages Elizabeth. The first two are my favourites this week. Your pretty page is making me want spring, even though it’s not cold here, it’s rainy and ‘chilly’. We are really spoiled in Victoria with year-round moderate temperatures. You asked about the stamp on my second collage this week. You are correct that it’s a rubber handwriting stamp. It’s a favourite and I use it often. Have a good week my friend.

Divers and Sundry said...

The longer you post these little collages the more amazed I am at your creativity in making so many such delightful and delightfully different pieces. Nice!

Meggymay said...

Super collage squares Elizabeth, my favourites are the royal and heart themed ones.
The tulips on your page are beautiful and I love how you raise a section of the page.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

This probably won't come as any great surprise to you but of course I'll pick the first two -- the Crown and Fire in her Heart! All are very nice, though. A very good selection.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

just stopping bye with a hi de hoe
copy N paste said letz give it a go
wanna say HI & leeve a good werd
de food gurlz werkz a big bass terd
we hope this findz ewe doin swell
santaz comin ring de Christmas bell
sorree we haz ta uze copee N paste
we gotta sneekz a round with out haste
happee week if we due knot get bak
N joy two day N eatz a snak ♥♥☺☺☺

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see your collages - especially those first two - glorious rich jewel colours, and fabulous inky splatters and splodges. I love the dramatic titles too! Gorgeous springtime tulips - but I'm determined not to wish my life away.... I'm going to try to enjoy winter first before I start wishing for spring!!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful set of collages, and I love the tulips page! xx