Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday wonders: Christmas cookies


Let me begin by saying that after today, Wednesday wonders will be taking a break until after the new year.  There are too many posts I need to create and I need the extra days.

For this Wednesday I've been inspired by Erika at Bio Art Gal, Ro from In the know with Ro, and Marfi at Incipient Wings with their cookies they made recently.  Of course, I was also inspired by Kathy's cookie cutters.  Her blog is Hummingbird Woodland Studio. So today's photos, all provided by Pexels, were inspired by these three fabulous bakers who graciously shared their recipes and the fabulous baker who shared her cookie cutters and cookies with us.




















And we all know that Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without
a rocking horse cookie cutter.

Thanks beyond belief for your visit today.  Wednesday wonders will be back after the first of the year.  And of course, keep inspiring me, my dear friends, followers, and readers.  You never know when your blog might be the inspiration that influences a Wednesday wonder.

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of sweet temptation here. I'm not baking cookies today, but need to make some cakes for the party tomorrow! That will be fun! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

kaybee said...

Just one word - yummy!

RO said...

What a great way to start Wednesday, Elizabeth! My name in lights, and marvelous pics of such creative cookies. Some of the ideas that people come up to create such goodness always impresses me, and makes me wish I was a size 2! Then I could eat these all day!(lol) Sending some HUGE hugs your way. I can't believe it's Wednesday already! RO

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, your beautiful post is making me hungry You found some very lovely photos-and thank you for the mention

CJ Kennedy said...

A delicious and inspiring post. Later today, I will be baking some cookies to give as gifts.

Sami said...

A great variety of cookies. I won't be baking cookies, only baked a Christmas fruit cake.
Have a wonderful Christmas Elizabeth and may the New Year bring you all the best, including lots of health and inspiration.

Meggymay said...

Oh my this is a yummy looking post. Delicious cookies and I'm sure we all eat far to many at this time of the year.
Yvonne xx
p.s. have you seen the latest TioT's post?

froebelsternchen said...

Oh NO Elizabeth! - Now I have to go straight to the kitchen and grab some cookies for me!

Happy Day my friend!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Yum! These make my photos looks like I have never baked a cookie before in my life. Ha-ha! Surely these have to put you in a holiday mood- or at least make you hungry! Hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

OMG, even though I just had breakfast seeing these pictures makes me hungry all over again!
Loved them.
Hope your day is jolly, dear Elizabeth.

Barbara said...

I love this post, so many delicious looking things. xx

sheila 77 said...

Funnily enough, Elizabeth, these cookies don't tempt me at all, but I do love the hot drinks and the cookie cutters at the end, and I appreciate all the excellent photographs. This is an excellent Celebration of Cookies!
As I said before, I never know what I will get when I come here.
Hope all is well.
love
Sheila

Jeanie said...

Oh my gosh! These are unbelievably fabulous! I've been baking but I feel like a complete slacker compared to these wonderful cookie creations! I'm so glad you posted this -- partly to remind me to up my game but also to remind myself that people pick their priorities for time and this was a wonderful one. Three cheers to all!

PS -- don't forget to stop by my blog before the 25th. I will have a link on each post to my 10th blogging anniversary drawing!

Rita said...

Loved the array of Christmas cookies!
Have a very merry Christmas. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

It's been decades since I made cookies that had to be cut. I'm afraid I am proud of myself if I accomplish drop cookies lol The photos are inspiring, though.

Kate Yetter said...

This makes me want to head straight to the kitchen and start baking!!! So many beautiful pictures here.

pearshapedcrafting said...

OOOOH!!! Treats galore for someone!!! I am planning on having one of those special coffees one day over the holidays and T has bought himself some mincepies and cookies - which he may just find a little bit missing from!! Hugs, Chrisx

Marfi-topia said...

AWW thank you Elizabeth! I have to start the cookie baking right now..we have many, many to bake:)
I usually wait until Christmas eve, otherwise I will eat them all..!
I have gingerbread, sugar, yellow cake cookie, jelly thumbprint, a mint-chocolate cake..oh and the chocolate chip walnut cookies for Santa too!
i better hop to it!
hugs!!!!!!!!!