Monday, May 22, 2017

T Stands For My Birthday Buffet


I have wanted to go to this restaurant for awhile now.  They have one of the largest oriental buffets I have ever been to.

I had already finished one spring roll and was starting on an egg roll when I thought to take photos of our drinks, which was water (with lemon for me).   My foodie friend Sally was paying for this meal, so I was already chowing down while she was filling her plates.

I have never been a fan of tofu, but when I saw tofu soup, I decided to give it a chance.  I fell in love with it and really would have gone back for more if I'd had room.  Unfortunately, between the pot stickers, mac and cheese, and plate of fried rice with seafood, veggie with peanuts, and lo mein (my meal was on the left as I took the photo standing at the edge of the table), I was too full for a second bowl of soup.  Needless to say, it was all delicious and I enjoyed it more than Sally did, I suspect.

This is the largest buffet I have ever seen

and it goes on for miles, or so it seems.







Desserts, including ice cream, are along the far right.


While Sally paid the bill (you will fall over at the price, which was slightly less than $8.00 (USD)/person: I think she said it was $7.59 USD),

I took a few photos of the fish and turtles in this open pond (ignore the fact I caught my purse in the photo)


then headed for the other other side and got a few photos of these ugly fish.

Yes, unlike other places these are real and were moving around.

Now you know how I spent my bEARTHday meal the Thursday before my birthday.

It's time for you to share your drink related post this week.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken at any time, and don't even have to be taken this year!


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, it looks like you didn't go hungry on your birthday.... The food looks great, and the price is really good. I have never seen such a huge buffet either, I wouldn't mind a Chinese meal right now, but I'm afraid it's bed time! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

i want a foodie friend like Sally:))) and i would go there, too!!
happy t-day, elizabeth!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amzing place and it's the largest oriental buffet I have ever seen :-) . The food looks yummy and I enjoyed seeing all your photos. Thanks for sharing your fabulous bEARTHday meal - Happy T Day! J :-)

Lisca said...

Wow! That is enormous! I have never seen anything like it! It doesn't seem to be that busy. The meal that you chose looks delicious. It must be great to have a foodie friend like Sally who knows all the good places and treats you for your bearthday/birthday.
The aquarium is fascinating. I wonder if the fish get cooked at some stage....
Happy T-day,
Lisca

Cindy McMath said...

Wow that's a great price for a big meal. They must rely on volume to make money. I didn't know mac & cheese was a traditional Chinese dish. :).

Linda Kunsman said...

I am always amazed at the variety and amount of food offered at the Asian buffets! This place looks VERY clean and neat and the food looks so good. Incredible price for it all too! Love the fish tank. Glad you enjoyed such a spread for your bearthday Elizabeth! Happy T day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What a great place and such a great price too! I must say Oriental buffets are a favourite of mine but we don't go very often as the Sweet and Sour option always calls me - not a good idea! Yes! It's late here and off to bed! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Wow- the buffet was GIGANTIC! You could eat yourself sick from under $10. But I bet it was good, especially with all kinds of Chinese food. What a great way to celebrate your birthday, or should I say bEarthday! Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Wow, that is an awesome buffet, and you can't beat the price. I also liked the chandelier and the sky on the ceiling. Fun looking at the bric a brac at the check out. Oh, they have two Maneki Neko (lucky cat) Both are gold which means wealth and prosperity for the business. Looks like you had a wonderful bEarthday celebration.

Rita said...

That huge, long, silver fish is a beautiful arowana! (I used to work in pet shops.)
You're right--that is the biggest oriental buffet I have ever seen. Food looks delicious. I hope you get to go there again soon. Price is right, too. :) Happy belated birthday!

Carol said...

Great place to spend for your birthday dinner!!! Happy belated !!!!

Nancy said...

No one could leave hungry from that buffet! Glad you enjoyed your birthday dinner.

Dianne said...

Looks like a fantastic buffet...A wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! Sorry I won't be able to join the Tea blog party today, I'm out of state visiting family. Enjoyed seeing your birthday outing! Hugs...💜🌻🎨

Krisha said...

THAT buffet looks like something I could go crazy in.......not sure about tofu soup, but I would at least try it too.
There is a hiccup in the escrow, so I am breathing easier, but continuing to pack everything I know that can sit in storage for a long period......just to get it out of my way., like the china cabinet contents, knickknacks etc.
Happy T-day

Sami said...

Great buffet and very cheap too, I would love this!
I like fried tofu but never heard of tofu soup, at least I've never seen that in the Chinese restaurants in Perth.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Dear Elizabeth, thank you for letting me know my link was broken. It worked yesterday!

My goodness, with a buffet that huge, how can you choose?! It would take me a half hour just to scope it all out before even starting to load up a plate. I wish I lived near you and Sally. You know all the best (and affordable!) restaurants! I love Oriental food ;-)

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

froebelsternchen said...

That's absolutely stunnig - wow!
Looks like you had a fantastic birthday lunch!

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful buffet. It does go on forever:) And the price....wow!
A perfect Bearthday Celebration.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happy birthday to you Elizabeth; what an awesome dinner gift; reasonable prices; VERY clean restuarant; the food looks great and da tabbies say thanx for sharin de fotoz oh de snax.....oooopz....we meen fish !! ☺☺♥♥

happy birthday from all oh uz ♫♪♫♪♫♫

Birgit said...

This reminds of the Mandarin near me. Great photos and it made me hungry. Love the ceiling actually. Happy belated birthday!

Carol said...

Thanks Elizabeth for the kind words on my blog! It means a lot to me. I'm going to do more research on the Monarch virus and I'm thinking of getting a microscope so I can check out any survivors to make sure they are not carrying the virus before I release them. I'll have to pinch my pennies so I can get a decent one that will work well. Happy T Day!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, a huge buffet.
Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs, I'm so pleased you had a great time.

All the best Jan

jinxxxygirl said...

That looks alot like our Oriental Buffet around here... Its huge too... same type of buffet tables and vaulted ceiling over it.. and the fish pond looks similar... funny... Its for a very good price too... We go for lunch Mon- Thurs... Fri , Sat , Sun can get expensive..

Happy happy T day!!! Here i went and made my post early then i'm late to link up... lol ... it totally slipped my mind... geesh......Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

What an incredible price and buffet. And what a great celebratory dinner! I love a person who maxes out their birthday as long as possible. I do too!

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I wish I saw this before I sent you mail on Monday -- I would have made you a birthday card. But there is a little tiny surprise inside so consider it a birthday present. And I love tofu -- silken tofu is the best.

Divers and Sundry said...

Chinese buffet is my favorite, and this one stretches on and on! I know I'd love it. The decor is fun, and the food looks good :) This looks like a great way to celebrate.