Monday, April 25, 2016

My annual bEARTHday treat to me


It seems I'm in a rut, because every year I celebrate the same way.

I buy one of these double chocolate chip cupcakes and deck it out with a candle. 

This year I added Almond Amaretto loose leaf tea.  I really like the taste of this blend that has the taste of almonds added to the leaves.

I have probably had enough sweets this year to put me in a diabetic coma, but I can't seem to get enough chocolate.  Excuse me while I devour this, please.

Now that both my tea and cupcake are gone, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I have received some beautiful bEARTHday gifts.  One is a drawing and coloring book from my friend Norma who doesn't have a blog, and one is a big box of goodies from my internet friend Erika who is off to Vermont this week baking up a storm.  I apologize that I haven't shown my gifts, but I have so many things projects I'm working on right now, I immediately put everything away without photographing them.

Now it's your turn to share your drink related post for the week.  It can be anything as long as there is, in some way, a drink involved.  The more unique, the better, in my opinion.  Once you link, Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.



And since this is the last Tuesday in April, I would also be remiss if I didn't remind you to dig up that Second on the 2nd post.  Not sure what it is?  It's any re-post on the 2nd of May that you are proud of, OR one that you posted before anyone knew your blog existed. 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks a lovely way to celebrate your birthday. Enjoy your presents!. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

Happy Birthday indeed! Double choc muffin! I love it! Wish I was there....
Have a great day,
Lisca

Sandra Cox said...

Hope you have the best birthday ever!

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Bonne anniversaire encore! (This time it is in French). That looks yummy. And only one cupcake? You are very good.

Linda Kunsman said...

oh yeah, keep the birthday fun going as long as you can!! What a nice way to celebrate and treat yourself. Happy T day too!

My name is Erika. said...

No apologies. I'm rather modest anyhow and don't really like being in the spotlight. I think a chocolate chocolate chip cupcake sounds just delicious. I'm a chocolate lover and I get it. I can see you enjoy it, and that's all that matter on your birthday. Happy T Day!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday! It's always a great time sharing your Bearth Monday with you ♥

johanna said...

happy birthday, elizabeth! almond Amaretto tea sounds delicious, and first i thought this candle Looks like a Crayon wax pen! would be the perfect candle for a creative Person!
happy t-day:)

froebelsternchen said...

Never heard about Almond Amaretto tea - sounds great !
Hope you have had a fantastic b-earth-day !
Happy T-Day dear Elizabeth!
oxo Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great Birthday Treat! I love how you set your place - the cloth and napkin look great! Was this before or after your Zoo trip….just being nosy parker!! Hugs, Chrisx

Dianne said...

Hope you have a marvelous Birthday dear!! Thank you for linking me up here...I find even the basics more difficult via blogger on my phone. Even copy and paste is tricky... Celebrate your bEarthday with abandon dear friend!

Valerie-Jael said...

Just wanted to say that your envelope arrived, thanks! Off to open it now! Hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

It's hard to turn down chocolate. I know I should since I'm allergic but I love it!!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Happy T day!

Anonymous said...

Who ever gets enough chocolate. Erika is a friend. How nice of her to send you goodies. She will be baking up a storm the next few days, can't wait to see what she comes up with. Due for an art day at her house soon, might get to sample some! thanks for the heads up. Of course I upgraded my web site yesterday to make it more secure, ha ha, and had to go change some things, which I had no idea how to do. Thank goodness for tech support folks and my little bits of knowledge. I managed to get it fixed and not need my son to do it. Yay. Enjoy tea day. xox

Jeanie said...

I think it's a beautiful celebration (love your tablecloth!) Happiest of birthdays and new years!

Divers and Sundry said...

There's something comforting and cheering about a tradition. And you can't go wrong with a tradition of chocolate :) Happy Birthday! and may you celebrate many more chocolate-filled days ahead :)

Sandra Cox said...

The tea sounds ALMOST as good as the cupcake looks:) It's making me hungry:)
Did you see your bday wishes at my place?

~*~Patty S said...

Chocolate looks like a great way to celebrate to me.
Your table setting is very "sweet" and pretty Elizabeth.
Hope you keep celebrating special you.
Happy to be joining in for a tea today even if I am a little late.
oxo

Meggymay said...

There is no better way to celebrate a Birthday than having a delicious chocolate treat. Love your pretty setting as well.
I'm late to join in but its we still have a few hours left of Tuesday here [UK] and I am going to try to visit as often as I can
Yvonne xx

Ariel said...

Happy Birthday dear Elizabeth. The cupcake looks delicious and of course one should not think of the amount of sugar or calories on such special days:-)
Have a wonderful week
Hugs
SusaN

Cazzy said...

Hi Elizabeth and Bleubeard,

Thanks for your kind words, we just have to hang in there and hope for the best. The snowballs were amazing! Today we just had sleet - I hope your storm blows over quickly and you stay safe!

Crochet keeps me sane in the madness that is my life right now, last week I couldn't eat, this week I am back to normal and have eaten too much icecream. I love your traditional birthday cup cake! So cute.

Cazzy x