I suggest you see Marci's tutorial, since she did an excellent job, showing all supplies and steps involved. These were the steps I took.
I began by applying my napkins to card stock, which I used as the substrate.
I applied glaze per Marci's instructions , but instead of applying and wiping off, I used a sea sponge and skipped the wiping step. I applied a dark blue glaze that I toned down using beige glaze. I mixed up way too much glaze, so now I have enough for many projects, some of which I've already posted..
Next I did the same using a dark green and beige glaze.
I then cut arount the flowers which were the other half of the napkins and glued them over the glazes.
Finally, I chose swirls and snowflakes from my limited stamp collection. I stamped the swirls using lime green dye ink and the snowflakes using white pigment ink. They are now ready to go.
In a way, I wish I'd never used the glazes. I actually liked the brightness of the original napkins better, but the instructions were to use glazes, so that's what I did. I'm sure they'll look better once they are cut and turned into backgrounds.