Monday, March 10, 2008

Sneak peek

Yesterday I played around making lots of transparencies using sticky book cover material. It's like clear contact paper, only a bit heavier. Today I made these pages for a "Repurpose, recycle, reuse" (RRR) swap on ABC yahoo group. All backgrounds are the same. They are made using pages from a phone book that I darkened using brown shoe polish. All the transparencies are of women and all women are basically the same size. They were ads in a freebie magazine I get each month. This is the backside of the tip-ins. Right now, I have no idea what I'll do on the front.

My first instinct was to grab my Dymo label maker and spell out some words to add to the pages, but I can't justify the spirit of the RRR swap. So, these will have to do until I can find a way to add a sentiment that doesn't involve using standard materials.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Unknown said...

These are wonderful!!! Not sure how you did them but I love them!!!!