Saturday, July 20, 2024

On Pins and Needles

 

My friend Halle of Halle’s Hobbies who happens to be hosting this month at Art Journal Journey, loves a good pun.  That's why I created this page.

I call this On pins and needles.  I have several detail shots below, too.




I had a terrible time trying to get these needles to show properly.




I started by stamping the background with brown dye ink.  It is an image of dress pattern pieces.  It is a fabulous rubber stamp that worked well (for once).  Sadly, I covered most of the stamping with the needle containers.  I adhered the two needle containers to the page using E6000.  I computer generated the sentiment and affixed it using a glue stick.  I then adhered the three safety pins to the page, also using E6000.  This is a great example of what I consider a notion, which is Halle's theme.

I'm also joining Andree, her team, and this month's guest designer Michelle again at Creative Artiste.  This is challenge #106, and I am finally making up for lost time.  Their challenge is always Anything Mixed Media Goes.  One of the rules is, you need at the very least, to have or use three different mediums in your project.  I have two types of needles, safety pins, dye ink, and a computer generated sentiment.

Bleubeard and I are grateful you dropped by today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Creative Artiste.


13 thoughtful remarks:

sirkkis said...

You are presenting the interesting series of needles this time.
I like your composition of the collage, Elizabeth.
Happy Sunday xx

Iris Flavia said...

Great work! We have such sets here, too. But it´s mostly Ingo using them... I have no talent...

Elephant's Child said...

I find those curved needles a beast to use...

Jenn Jilks said...

This is fun!
My mom had those curved upholstery needles. Takes me back.

Rita said...

Interesting set of needles on that card. The curved needle is good for bookbinding.
Have a great day! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

I have most of those needles here in my drawer, although I don't use them much lately. Shaky fingers and needles don't go well together! Hugs!

Divers and Sundry said...

I used to spend a lot of time in notions departments, fascinated.

CJ Kennedy said...

Hopefully, you'll remember where the page is when you need one of those needles or pins. 😉

My name is Erika. said...

That is a good pun on this page and I like how you attached the needles. Those upholstery ones are great for book binding, and it seems almost a waste to attach them to the page. But you can always still use them as needed.:) I hope you're having a super weekend. hugs-Erika

Halle said...

So clever! We both love a good pun!! Thanks for the smile and the great piece for AJJ.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great display of very useful things they all have their jobs and duties as a sewer I couldn't do without them all. The stamped background looks extremely vintage in brown.
Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste best wishes in our July Mixed Media Challenge.. Tracey xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this! Not pins and needles though - I get enough of those wearing this darn boot! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! Loving all the haberdashery that you used on your page 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x