Sunday, July 21, 2024

Flowers

 

I have another spread for Halle from Halle’s Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme, as you likely know by now is I've got a notion. 

I have a feminine and a bit romantic entry today.  It qualifies for Halle's theme because the background is dressmaker's tissue and I used a ribbon, too.  Detail shots are below.




I began by applying a piece of dressmaker's tissue to the substrate using The Ultimate. While it was drying, I printed the image I found in my stash using my color laser printer.  I used a Q-tip to add the gold fluid acrylic around the edges of the focal image.  I definitely wanted the paint to be sporadic.  Because I blobbed the paint on, it took over 24 hours for it to dry.  To assemble the page, I first laid down the strip of paper with colors the same as the focal image.  Over that, I adhered the piece of ribbon left from another project.  Next came the focal image, then the sentiment from my stash.

Bleubeard and I are really happy you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey where we hope you will share your own interpretation of I've got a notion.

 

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Soft and lovely.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Very romantic, the dressmaker pattern is a great addition really affective background. The flower is a beautiful bloom. So sorry I have missed so much this month, the AJJ Theme sounds fabulous.
Hugs Tracey x

Tom said...

...flowers soothe my soul.

My name is Erika. said...

This is really lovely with those pink flowers and the sewing pattern background. The flower piece seems to match the pattern pieces so well. Hope it's a good weekend, as I've said already. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely

Valerie-Jael said...

This one is lovely, love the beautiful rose, great idea. Hugs

Jeanie said...

These elements work so beautifully together -- and that's a lovely graphic. The pink and brown make for a wonderful combo.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful, see tomorrow for mine :-)

Mae Travels said...

Using dressmaker patterns is a neat idea. An artist whose work was displayed at the Art Fair here did large canvases of human figures dressed in clothing made in collages with dressmaker tissue, which was very effective (I sent you a photo of the booth and posted it in my current blog post). I wonder if it’s a popular art technique at the moment.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page. Reminds me of old-fashioned wallpaper

Halle said...

So pretty, soft and romantic. Love it!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like those beautiful pink flowers.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

A very beautiful and feminine page Elizabeth!
Thanks for your congratulations for my daughter, we're so excited for them both.
Hugs,
Alison

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth this is THE perfect page for Halle's AJJ theme! I love it, hugs, Chrisx