Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Second on the 2nd: Friendly waters

 

If your T Tuesday post is the same as your Second on the 2nd, please share it both places.

As most of you know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something that reflected Geometric Shapes, which is Valerie's theme this month.

This post was created for two very different challenges, Geometric Shapes and Fish.  I now give you Friendly Waters which was published on January 1, 2019.

If you have been around my blog for any length of time, you know I can't draw.  I've said it before that it's not in my wheelhouse.  I not only can't draw, I am not particularly good at coloring the shapes I DO draw.   However, I CAN draw geometric shapes, even if I have to use a ruler and a French curve to do so! 

That's why today I give you an entry I call "Friendly Waters."

I hope this catfish

finds these waters friendly.

This is supposed to be a fish (come on dear friends, use your imagination).

For this page, I tore a page out of an old Plane Geometry book and colored it blue using a water soluble crayon.  Since the page was so old, the light blue was difficult to color over the brown paper.  The geometric shapes I chose for the fish I colored using a dark blue water soluble crayon were three triangles, two circles, and two one-quarter ellipses. The fin and center of the eye were made using turquoise acrylic craft paint, while the "whiskers" were orange acrylic craft paint.

I've shown you my second look, I sincerely hope you will share yours, as well.  The only requirement is, it must have been published sometime in the past.

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

 

 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your fish. And snap on the drawing and colouring in things.

Lisca said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! Of course it looks like a fish! A very intelligent fish with his Locus Theorem. Great colour too.
I was wondering....Do you keep all your projects? I assume you have everything on your computer but I was thinking of the original project.
Happy Second on the 2nd,
Lisca

Lisca said...

I have looked at my Blogger settings and I have taken comments out of the 'embedding' and changed it to 'pop up'. I hope this helps. Please let me know. (The other option was 'full page')
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great page with a cool background. It's a good second view. And a perfect way to show Valerie's challenge. I hope your April 2 is a great day. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

This is fun! You are so creative.

Christine said...

Cute page!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

take it frum de eggz pertz! THAT iz one awesum fish 🐟🐟😺‼️

Sandra Cox said...

I love the catfish. Good job. I hope all is well on your end, my friend.

Darla said...

That's a great blue fish you created. I particularly like the red gills. I did do a Second on the Second post but cant seem to join the party in the usual way. I suspect I am not using the link in thing correctly. Have a great Second of the month in any case.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm not a fan of rough water.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea wit your fish! I can go home tomorrow! Hugs!

Jeanie said...

I really love your fish. He has a GREAT face!

Linda said...

Great looking fish!