Tuesday, October 17, 2023

What's On Your Workdesk this 750th Wednesday?

 

It's Wednesday, which means it's time to join my dear friend and head desker Julia at Stamping Ground for the latest edition of What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday, or as most know, WOYWW for short.   

There is absolutely nothing on my table today except a broken cast iron rocking horse.  Just because it's broken doesn't mean it is any less loved.

Its tail is missing and it has come apart.

A good friend found it in a dumpster and asked if I wanted it.  Damaged and broken, I gladly accepted it and took it home where it could heal and feel loved among its fellow horses.

Although I have no physical way to repair it (note the broken ear as well as the broken tail), 

it is still loved and will always be loved by all the other rocking horses and myself.  You can never give up on something (or someone) who is broken.  All it takes is a bit of love and kindness and they will soon forget they are broken.

I will be taking a couple of weeks off.  I just need time to heal my body, but will be back next month, I promise.  Not to worry.  I will be by to visit as time permits.  However, today I will visit everyone as I do every Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by my very empty craft room table today.  Please join me at Julia's, where you will meet the kindest, most generous bloggers in the world. 






30 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

My broken King Frog from the balcony says hi to your horse, I agree, also or especially these need to live somewhere and be loved.
Heal well in your time out, dear Elizabeth! Hugs.

Helen said...

Happy WOYWW Elizabeth and heal well! Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

WIshing you rest and healing Elizabeth. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Elephant's Child said...

I hope that your break restores you to health - and vim and vigor. Sometimes we all need them. Hugs.

craftytrog said...

I'm glad that little rocking horse found a happy home again with you Elizabeth.
I hope the next two weeks gives you time to heal well.
Hugs
Alison

My name is Cindy said...

Aah I like the idea that your home is a sanctuary for unloved rockers. It doesn't surprise me one bit.
Sorry you need to take a break but you must listen to your body. See you in a couple of weeks. Love n hugs Cindyxx #8

Neet said...

Like your broken rocking horse, you rest and heal. He is lovely and I am sure he has learned to live with his injuries.
Writing that made me think of all the people in the world who are living with their injuries, so many caused by these senseless wars raging at the moment. May they rest and hopefully heal, at least inside.
Sorry to be so sad
Hugs, Neet 1 xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Be well and whole! Hugs, Valerie

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your little worn rocking horse Elizabeth. Rest well and get better

Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs Lynnecrafts 11 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

His tail isn’t broken it’s docked! Obviously he is a vintage horse and a lovely one too. Two of my horses had accidents when a shelf collapsed, but they still are proudly on display(with the help of a little glue). Sending healing thought. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Glenda said...

Here is wishing you a return to your old self over the coming time off. I'm glad the little horse found it's way to you...now it can rest and recover as well.
Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think you’re doing exactly the right thing and resting - the art of recuperation seems to have been lost recently. I hope you feel better for it xx. Love the little rocking horse, a bit bashed up but still living to see another day!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Christine said...

Happy Woyww and thank you for giving the horse a good home . . . we all need love. . . . Enjoy your time of loving and healing yourself, see you on the other side as 'they' say . . .
Christine #17

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Another big smile for today. I love to see the wore out, wounded and broken find love and peace even if it is just for a few hours, But a great piece you found and are enjoying. Your post is so true..we all need love no matter what the circumstances are. ENJOY your week.

Mae Travels said...

Feel better fast!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Julia Dunnit said...

He's a handsome horse despite his shortened tail! And his story is familiar, huh, and absolute proof that inclusion is best for everyone! Hope your break brings you healing, can't help but worry a bit, so will be glad to see you back ass soon as you're up to it. Keep warm, and maybe read tons!

Tom said...

...750, that's a lot of Wednesdays.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

He may be broken but still gorgeous. Happy creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Annie said...

Take all the time to heal well my friend….will be thinking of you.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful thought!

Christine said...

Feel better soon

Rita said...

I have a bird figurine that has been broken and glued a few times that I dearly love as it was a gift from a BFF who is now gone many years. I hope you feel better soon. Rest and recover.

Twiglet said...

He is a lovely little horse and far too nice to be discarded. Well done you for appreciating him. I'm glad you liked my photos and yes many of the places we visited were filmed in the James Herriot programmes. The J H museum is in Thirsk where we stayed but we didn't visit it this time. It's a wonderful part of our country. Heal well and rest plenty. x x Jo

CJ Kennedy said...

“Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”
― Margery Williams Bianco, The Velveteen Rabbit

Jeanie said...

I was going to say this reminded me of The Velveteen Rabbit -- but CJ beat me to it!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you are willing to take it in since he probably needs more love than one that is whole. Give him time and he will be part of the herd. :) Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

BJ said...

Gentle hugs of healing for you my sister. Hugs BJ#5

Empire of the Cat said...

I would get some clay and mould a new ear and tail, basic, nothing fancy, and then glue it on and colour it to match the rest of it, then it can be whole again. :) Happy WOYWW! Elle #20, EOTC

Spyder said...

I had a little metle rocking horse and by the time I was seven mum and dad decided it was time to give it up, and told me to take it round to the neighbours (who'd just had a baby) and were in the proseeds of moving. They took it and said thank you and left it on the lawn by some boxes waiting to be loaded into the van. They looked very busy so I went off to play for a while and then I saw the removel men closing the lorry up and wanted to say goodbye to my rocking horse one more time...and the the people too! At first, I was very sad to see my rocking horse still on the lawn on his own...but at the same time glad...because if they left him, I could take him back! The poeple had already left in their car. Then As I was just about to take him back one of them men, jumped out of the van saying, 'wait a miniute we've left something behind.' he threw it in the space bhind the cab, and off they went... I still wonder after all these years, what happened to Rocky! I'm very late, now can't load pictures on my blog, and a blog without pictures is....What?? google want to be allowed cookies...I've never stopped them taking cookies! Taking laptop to BIL today and see if he can work it out! Have a great week ((Lyn))

Kyla said...

ooh a lovely new rocking horse and I like the idea of them each looking individual. Hope your time out is restful.
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla