Sunday, October 29, 2023

Monday Murals: still another poster

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.   I just hope I don't get any more  "Failed to Publish" messages that are on blogs with embedded comments. 

I can't really tell what this drink is, but I strongly suspect it has something to do with grapes!  Fortunately, I found a photo of the poster on the internet.  

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ys08b1sebe/images/stencil/2048x2048/products/1841/23839/kina_lillet__74426.1664470526.jpg?c=2 The actual name of the drink is obliterated in the poster at The Spice Merchant.  This image is from the internet.  According to the site, the artist is Robys, it is circa 1937, and originated in France.  He is the same artist who was responsible for Poster number 3 I showed last week. This poster is a mere $1875.00.

She certainly looks very happy.  It also appears very seasonal, too.  This is the fourth of the set of posters I found at The Spice Merchant.  This poster is found inside the tea shop at The Spice Merchant located at 1308 E Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...I love vintage posters, this looks like what I would see on the Antiques Roadshow.

Jenn Jilks said...

It sure is a snap in time! Perfect fall colours. I like it.

Divers and Sundry said...

My budget won't reach to that lol That's what replacement tires will cost ;)

Christine said...

Love the bright colours.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic. - Anne (Cornucopia)

Elephant's Child said...

She does look happy. Gorgeous colours on that poster.

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice mural - cheers! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

It's funny what becomes marketable years later. Posters...even the metal lunchboxes kids had. :)

Mae Travels said...

Interesting vintage art style! Your shop has a nice collection.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

The Spice Merchant sure has some amazing posters. I've never seen this image but I do like it a lot. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like someone having fun.
Coffee is on.

Birgit said...

I love this mural and have seen this image before. It’s a great image

magiceye said...

Attractive poster!

Sandra Cox said...

You're right. She does look happy:)
Hope you are feeling well.

Marja said...

Very nice I love how the grapes are draped around the dress Love the orange and yellow colour as well

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, blogger can top the "Failed to Publish" :-(
With some blogs my profile is shown but the entry field is not usable. No matter which browser I use.
The last white wine I used for cooking - and the bottle is still not empty!
Beautiful woman in autumn. The leaves here are still green!

Bertiebo said...

lovely poster!

Sami said...

A very cheerful poster. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Jeanie said...

This one has a wonderful feel to it and great exuberance.