Monday, July 24, 2023

T Stands For the first packages I received

 

Today we are meeting once again at my dining room table.  I have a plethora of gifts to share with you today.  I'll have more to come, too.

The first package I received came from dear Mia.  She is always far too generous.

There's no way you can see and take in everything from a couple of shots.

There were napkins, tea, and adorable gems, along with a lovely note from Mia.

There were postcards, both large and small.  There was candy I will eat soon.

There was an adorable coffee inspired book cover that I accidentally cut the tie when I opened the package.  I must find a way to repair my mistake.

Did I mention candy?   Of course, there were some threads and two buttons made to look like thimbles, too.  And Greek book pages I can always use in my art.  Then there was the child's apron.  I am going to place it on a doll I own.

Then of course,

there was the adorable ATC.  Thank you beyond belief, dear Mia.  Your generosity overwhelms me.
 
The next package to arrive came from Patty.  Don't you just LOVE the Janis Joplin postage stamp?  Patty's other stamp came from the Norfolk Botanical Garden.  Very appropriate.
 
Patty and I think alike when it comes to trees.  I often give a gift of planting trees in someone's name, especially if they are hard to buy for.  I was very careful to make sure I didn't tear the sticker when I opened the package.

I could be wrong, but I believe Patty also made this envelope (using scrapbook paper) the gift came in.

I also asked Patty to share what CJ had sent her.  I'd say the package and the postage stamps look very similar to a package I received from CJ.

  This is the front of the postcard that CJ sent.

This is the napkin I received from Patty.  It was carefully wrapped in butterfly washi tape.

I love how Patty superimposed the fox over her eco-dyed postcard.

This is the back,

but I like it better before I color corrected it.

Finally, Patty also sent me tea.  Lovely tea, which of course has NO caffeine.  Thank you beyond belief, Patty.  Had it not been for you, I might never have hosted T Stands For Tuesday.  You were the one who pushed me just enough to get the Linky and start hosting.  And thank you for thinking of me during this anniversary, too.

My final package today comes from Kathy who I notice has changed her blog name that reflects what she is now doing.  Although Jan's package predates Kathy's, Kathy's arrived sooner, since it didn't have as far to travel.  I love kraft paper and didn't want to tear it.

Look at all these lovely items Kathy sent.  Tea, two postcards, and bunny note paper.

I love the way Kathy stamped the 10th birthday wishes.  I think I have that same "T" stamp set, but not the other (Happy Birthday).  I love how she added the cardinal postage stamp, since she knows how much I like them.

I had a terrible time trying to get this vintage flower fairy in focus.

I just hope I did her justice.  You can see a couple of the teas Kathy sent, too.

This is the backs of both postcards.  The Flower Fairies has to be vintage.  I love how Kathy created the back of the T post with her own version of birthday tea.  Great coloring and stamping.  Thoughtful gifts, too.  I am very, very grateful, Kathy.

I will open more packages next week, but please be aware.  Everyone gets equal time because I am seeing your gifts to me at the same time you are.  Believe me, none of the other packages have been opened.  I'm sure by now you know the rules.  If you don't just look for T Stands For Tuesday on my right sidebar.


I would also be remiss if I didn't remind you it is time to dig up your Second Look on the 2nd.  I have to warn you.  It looks like we will also need to use Inlinkz for either T Tuesday or Second on the 2nd.  Since I don't pay for either of these sites, I can't share more than one link at a time.
 
BTW, we are under a heat warning until Thursday night.  Thank goodness I have AC.
 
 

28 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of wonderful presents, Elizabeth, enjoy! You will need to enlarge your craft room soon! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Lovely gifts Elizabeth, have fun opening all of these wonderful packages. So fun-I would have to open them all up right away-hugs no patience here.
Yes the flower fairy postcard is vintage that I found on Etsy from England the seller had lovely things and I bought several of these flower fairies.
Thank you for sharing-hugs Kathy

Carola Bartz said...

You got some wonderful gifts, Elizabeth, and you fully deserve it. I admire your patience to wait with unpacking the packages. I wprobably would have ripped them open the moment they enter my house. Happy T day!

Mia said...

You received great gifts, Elizabeth. And you certainly deserve each one of them. You are a good blogging friend who never stop inspiring all of us. Happy T day, sweetie.

Christine said...

Nice gifts!

Mae Travels said...

Your gifts are all beautiful, and I hope you enjoy them!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I fear my envelope will be boring compared to these beauties. There's a lot of love in this post. And a lot of T too. :) And I miss Patty, but it's good to know she is still out there and still creating. This is a fun T day post with lots of drink related views. I hope you have a super T day and new week too! hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

What a wonderful activity for you! I'm still a bit frazzled with all that is going on. Happy to see your lovely work.

Lisca said...

It must have been such fun to open your parcels, knowing there would be lovely things in them.
And sure enough, you have received some beautiful stuff! (And a great envelope too)
Enjoy!
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

I loved seeing all the gifts you received for Tea Day's anniversary. You will have a lot of goodies to play with.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Tom said...

...it sure is nice to receive something other than junk in the mail.

Rita said...

Wat a lot of thoughtful and useful gifts!! Wow!
Enjoy! Enjoy! :)

Amila said...

Wow! What a great collection of gifts you have received. I can see all these items were sent carefully packed and with lots of love. I am happy to see all this stuff and I wish to see many more happy T Tuesdays over the years! Thanks for sharing all this lovely stuff with us too. Have a nice week with a great T Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

It's like Christmas at your house. So many really beautiful things. Have a nice evening.

Iris Flavia said...

So many lovely gifts! I hope you have a snack once in a while for your really hard working post-man! ;-)

Elephant's Child said...

These gifts are thoughtful and truly wonderful. I am very, very happy for you.

Helen said...

what amazing gifts you received for T anniversary!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - how fun to see all the wonderful creations and items these special people sent you. Love your detailed pictures. Love all the goodies - what a mixture of delightful things (even the packaging). It is like we are opening them with you. You have a VERY sweet group of friends. Happy T-day, continued anniversary, and hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Such fun and tasty gifts. Happy T Day

Spyder said...

Oh wowooo, tons of loverly happy mail! I had some yesterday, my phone dinged to let me know! and some this morning. Love a parcal. Have a great week. Happy T day
((Lyn))

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, this is truly a glorious bounty of wonderful gifts - I'm so happy for you!
All the best from Austria, Traude
🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/07/costa-rica-14-kapitel-ruckflug-von-osa.html

Debra said...

Such inspiring gifts! I loved looking at them all. I hope you are ok with the heat, and hopefully you don't have the awful smoke from the wildfires.

Mia said...

Hi again Elizabeth,
Yes, unfortunately, there were serious fires in Corinthia last week, but everything is OK now. My home is in Athens, the capital of Greece and the biggest city. No, I do not run any risk with the fires in forests. But I feel really sad when the trees are on fire.
Hugs, my friend.

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! What treasures!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What lovely gifts from everyone- and great stamps too! Hugs, Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Wow, what a haul, Elizabeth! You are loved! I am sorry I didn’t make it to the party this week. It was Tuesday afternoon by the time I remembered! LOL

craftytrog said...

Wow! That's a gorgeous array of gifts Elizabeth!

Caty said...

You have received wonderful treasures Elizabeth ! Loove all the so special Atcs, postcards, and goodies everyone sent you. I´m sure you´ll c reate gorgeous Artworks. Enjoy them!
I wish you a great weekend, and send big hugs
Caty