Tuesday, June 20, 2023

WOYWW 733: Two new projects

 

It's Wednesday and time once again to join my dear friend and head desker Julia at Stamping Ground for the latest edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, or as most know, WOYWW for short.  

I had planned to share a painting project, but got sidetracked with removing pages from an old book so I can turn it into an altered book.  You can see I've removed about half the pages from the existing book.  It definitely is a sewn book, the only rule that you must adhere to which cannot be broken.  Otherwise, there are no rules, which also means you don't have to worry about archival, either.

You came to see the rocking horse, and here it is.  I think it might have been part of a baby shower or possibly even on a baby cake.  It is a type of plastic that I am not familiar with.  In the background is the other project I worked on this week.  It's made with an old book cover and fun foam.  I wanted Legos, but didn't want to buy a set, so I created something that might provide a similar stamping experience for the gel plate.  I covered the entire front with three coats of clear sealer.

One final look at both projects and this adorable little horse.

Thanks for dropping by today.  Now let's head over to Julia's and share our desks, new products, or possibly even new techniques. 

EDIT: See Mae's comment and if you click on the link, you will see rocking horses in pink like mine, blue, and yellow: https://www.etsy.com/listing/591813673/1-rocking-horses-cake-topper-table-decor?ref=share_v4_lx

 

27 thoughtful remarks:

ashok said...

Very creative 👌

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great idea for a Lego look on a gel plate Elizabeth. Love the rocking horse too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

the lego look is great! I look forward to seeing the book progress. Happy WOYWW (and yes, to your question, Monday 26th) Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Just saw your comment - WVR stands for William V which is what the Prince of Wales is likely to be called when he becomes King. Presumtuous because he is not yet King.

Iris Flavia said...

Clever with the lego!
Oh, and that horse is the cutest!!! Thank you for the smile, dear Elizabeth!

BJ said...

Oh, now that takes me back to the one and only altered book I did with you. I have a few old sewn books stashed away in case I get the urge again. Curious as to the type of plastic you aren't familiar with of the rocking horse? Love the mock-lego plate, it really caught my eye. Hugs BJ#6

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE the projects and the horse.

Mae Travels said...

You can still buy rocking horse cake toppers like yours on Etsy and other sites. They have several colors. Cute!

Maybe you can see it here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/591813673/1-rocking-horses-cake-topper-table-decor?ref=share_v4_lx

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Great idea re the logo! Such a cute horse. Anne x 12

Neet said...

Love that rocking horse. The material reminds me of something `I have seen before but I can't think what.
Crafters can always work around problems and you have certainly worked around the Lego one, that looks good on the front of the book.
Hugs Neet 4 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Hello there Elizabeth, that’s a cute little guy you have on display this week. So your book is going to be sewn or did I get that wrong? I like the way you are thinking with the Lego look! Can’t wait to see how that turns out on the gel plate. Was playing with mine on holiday but been be so busy since I got back I don’t even know where the papers are now! Have a lovely creative week, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

Annie said...

What a great idea with the fun foam. Love the little rocking horse too of course.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Elizabeth a cute little pink rocking horse today! Love the vibrant colours of your work behind it.
Yes ale care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

Tom said...

...pretty little pony.

Christine said...

Cute rocking horse

DVArtist said...

I would love to see all of your horse collection. Thank you for the very nice comment on my blog. Have a wonderful day today.

Lindart said...

Fun foam is a fun way to create very interesting stamps, and I am looking forward to how yours works o the gel plate! Very cute rocking horse, it certainly does look like something off of a baby shower cake! Have a great week, Lindart #16

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun projects. I've been chasing my own backside all day and still haven't caught up with myself! Hugs, Valerie

Crafting With Jack said...

Cute rocking horse and your “Lego” idea is great. I thought it was going to be a book cover first. I bought Life Book this year,but so far not much appeals to me. I guess with different artists, it is going to be different each year. Kaleidoscope looks good this year, but I am not paying for two. Most of the sessions so far have been abstract. Angela #14

Sandra Cox said...

Great job on thinking outside the box for the Lego look. Very creative.

Jenn Jilks said...

I refuse to work today! It is way too hot.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm having a quick trip round now I'm back from thr show. Loving your little rocking horse today and the clever use of the Lego too. Wishing you a happy belated woyww, Angela x11x

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the rocking horse ...

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I immediately thought of legos when I saw your piece. And you said you made it for a gelli plate? I'm glad to see that you are at least thinking of giving it a try again. Hope it's been a great summer solstice. hugs-Erika

Marit said...

I didn't thought of Lego but Meccano - that was something similar ("building toys") when I was young, do you know it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meccano That horse is so cute! Thanks for your visit to my blog yesterday, have a good week! Love from Holland, Marit #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you clever stick, Lego from fun foam, brilliant, it looks great! My first thought was dominoes! Idon't know about the particular plastic of the rocking horse but perhaps made to simulate an icing sculpture for a cake? I dunno, but it's sweet in the non edible sense isn't it! Clever Mae too, finding that link! Good for you for doing the gelli plate thing and planning it...I have totally given up!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey there, Elizabeth! Hope you are staying cool. I saw your trip to Spice Merchant and I'd buy one of each, lol. Especially the big wide mugs. Cute rocking horse. But I love your "lego" texture plate creation! Very ingenious. And your altered book making always reminds me of the course you taught us, was it at Artists of the Round Table Yahoo group, like, a century ago? HEEHEE! I will always be grateful for what I learned and you turned us onto Bev Brazelton too! Hugs and Stay Cool! XOX