Monday, May 15, 2023

T Stands For bEARTHday T, part 2

 

 We are meeting for T at my dining room table today.

 These are on the rest of my gifts I received.  Note the green envelope and the postcard just below it.  There is a funny story to go with these.

But first, 

I have become a bit concerned after I saw this metered mail and remembered what Carola said last week that it is easier to send metered mail (she was talking about Etsy suppliers) than it is to stand in line at the Post Office getting stamps.

However, and this is NOT negotiable.  This is an ART swap, and as such, you cannot use metered mail to send your swap item to your swap partner.  Besides, if you live in the states, it is cheaper to buy a first class postage stamp than it is for the cost of the ink or toner needed to print the label.  You will need to photograph your swapped item and the stamp(s) from your swap partner.

If you have not yet contacted your swap partner, please do so soon.  Be sure to inform your swap partner (if they haven't joined T Tuesday for awhile) about not using metered mail.
 
When I first brought this swap up, I got very few takers.  However, since I gave everyone so many options, only three people decided not to join and two of those were due to health problems/concerns.  A fourth, Bridget Larson never returned my e-mail requests.  I'm not sure if she is even online anymore.   Regardless, we will have a great swap with I believe close to 30 participants.
 
Back to the"funny" story.  I was returning from my friend Sally's house and met the new mail carrier for my area.  He said it was his first day on this route.   I was just taking my mail in when he returned with a couple of letters in his hand.  He said he was straightening the mail that had been stuffed into the neighbor's box when he noticed there were two things that actually belonged to me.  One is a card from Nan and the other is a postcard from Kathy.  Kathy had written and asked awhile back if I had received her postcard.  Little did I know it was at the neighbor's house where no one is currently living!  Here is the lovely postcard.

Here is the stamp. 

https://www.usps.com/ecp/asset/images/122504-L0.jpg  There are two designs and the stamps are called "Let's go sailing." 

This is on the message side of the postcard.  Thank you SO much Kathy.  At least you know I got it!!  And I hope you know how much I appreciate it, even if it did take a long time to get to me.
The card with the rainbow is from Nan (NanskiDrewski).  I wish you could see all that gold on the card.

I love the cat, part of a two stamp LOVE 23 set.  The D on Bleubeard looks like his tail.  Can you see the gold now? 
 

  From USPS web site.

Imagine my joy and surprise when I opened the envelope and found this beauty.  A bit late, but much appreciated, regardless.  I hope you can see the darling gem sparkle in the center of each shamrock.  Thank you beyond belief, Nan.  I will also save it and use it when I decorate my home next St. Patrick's Day.
 
This card is from my dear friend Sharon.  Still love the kitty love.

Sharon made this adorable kitty card using a background we created using staz-on and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  She sent me a piece, too.

Here is what she wrote on the inside.  I look forward to it, also Sharon.  And thank you for the card and the paper.  The card will go in my cat altered book if I ever get to it.
 
Now to Erika's very full and heavy envelope.

There was NO way I could get everything in one photo.

There was this beautiful card that was hand stamped, I'm sure.

There was a ton of little cards.  The cat will go in my cat AB.  I need to start making it, I guess.

These coffee stickers are perfect for T Tuesday.  Do you see the two coffee pots? Those are my entrance to T this week.

Now everything else Erika sent.

I LOVE Rebekah Meier, so I know I'm going to love this stencil.

And I don't have many stamps that have words I can use on an altered art page, so these are amazing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear Erika.

I realize I am late getting this post finished.  I have worked on it since before noon today and it has been slow going both because of my one handed typing and my SSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW internet.  If you find typos, please overlook them.  I don't have time to proof read this.

You know the rules.  Just include something drink related and link below.





22 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...we rarely if ever get anything of value in our mailbox.

Valerie-Jael said...

You have some wonderful presents again, enjoy. You are loved. I am sure you will have fun with all of those goodies. Happy T Day, it's time for me to say goodnight, it's nearly midnight here. Hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

More lovely mail! So good of your mail carrier to check the neighbor's mailbox and find your letters.
Look at those goodies! Too many to list. You'll have fun with that. I agree that stamps with words or sentiments on them are useful and fun to use.
Of course I loved seeing the stamps. Yes, that kitty is gorgeous. So far I have not seen the puppy stamp from that series. (or the sail boat for that matter).
Well, it's past midnight so i must get my beauty sleep.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome Happy Mail! That is amazing that you had two pieces of mail stuffed into a mailbox with no occupants. sounds like you have a really nice new mail carrier. I really like mine allot.
Mail from friends is always happy mail to me no matter when it arrives hugs
enjoy all of the goodies from Erika.
Happy T and hoping your shoulder heals soon

Lisca said...

Sorry folks. I don't know what happened to the end of my blogpost. I'm going to sleep now but tomorrow I'll have a look and see if I can re-post it or something.

Mae Travels said...

Lots of good presents --- a great way to wrap up the birthday celebrations! As always, it is lovely of you to host this weekly blog party.

I thought I was reading a book about Japanese crafts but it turned out that quite a lot of it was about saké, so perfect for the weekly drink theme!

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

So many lovely little gifts, Elizabeth! It is wonderful how people have thought of you. I'm pretty sure that you can use all of these goodies - we might even see some of them here in this space. Have a lovely T day!

My name is Erika. said...

The fun thing about this post is seeing all the great gifts you received. It’s like celebrating your birthday still 😀. And I’m glad the stickers work for T day. When I saw them I thought of you. Hope you can find some good use for everything. Have a great T day. Hugs Erika

Christine said...

Nice gifts

Cloudia said...

I feel very lucky that I get my mail either in the secure lobby of my building or at my post office box.
It is always a pleasure to see what you artistic folk are able to conjure up. And I love the sharing aspect of it. Carry on you lovely people! I am preparing to send my postcard and tea bag to my designated partner!

Iris Flavia said...

Love the mail and stamps, especially the one with the boat!
So many gifts you must dance for joy - minus the not working part of your body, I´m still limping around, too, gack!
No proof reading?!!! Send it to me first, that´s my job now, too, LOL. (our Proofreader has another project and so it went over to me).
To health soon!!!

Elephant's Child said...

GORGEOUS artwork, envelopes and stamps. Your post person must be impressed too.

Rita said...

What a lot of fun gifts!
We have a mail person here who puts mail in the wrong box sometimes, too.

Lisca said...

I have re-written my blog post and hopefully it will come out better this time. I thought the story about the mulberry bush was interesting so I made an effort to keep that in.

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, I hope my link is ok and not causing havoc this time. Beautiful cards and gifts, how lucky the postman checked the other mailbox, our post lady knows our names now as we’ve been waiting for Steve’s medical card for over a year and keep asking her to check mail notin the boxes.

Happy T Day and enjoy your gifts
Jan S

babYpose said...

Beautiful gifts and photos. You did good with your typing. Love the kitty card, very nice.

CJ Kennedy said...

What a great haul of mail and goodies. Looking forward to seeing how you use them in your art. Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

You've had the best mail call ever! But then, it has been your birthday -- you deserve it!

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow what a lot of goodies, that must have been fun getting all of that in your mailbox. What to start with first? I hope you start work on your cat AB soon, sorry you never got my cat stamps etc,

About metered mail, not sure if it's the same thing, but if we go to the post office to post a package, it gets weighed and then the postage label is printed off with all the details, barcode, etc on it, that makes it easier for it's trip through the mail system and at the same time a proof of posting is generated. They don't use stamps at all now and if you take in an already stamped package, they have to type up the proof of posting manually etc. It doesn't make them happy lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Sharon Madson said...

I am sorry I didn’t make it to the tea party! I am glad you liked your kitty card. Looks like you got quite a birthday stash of gifts! My swap partner and I have both been in contact and both mailed our swaps. So we are ready ! What happened to your arm? I just read in another post you are doing things with only one arm. What did I miss? I will try to be at the next t party.

Caty said...

OOhh Your table is perfect Elizabeth ! Love to see your creative area.
You have received so many lovely gifts, You´ll create wonderful Art.
I wish you a great Friday and weekend
Big hugs, Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

I've just come back to catch up with commenting and I see that my comment here didn't publish, it's not the only one, blogger is surely responsible! I loved seeing your happy mail Elizabeth, planning getting something off to you next week! Hugs,Chrisx