Monday, March 13, 2023

T Stands For Let's Eat Pi

 

It's time for T Tuesday.

  I'll begin in my dining room with this green depression glass cup and an ATC to get everyone in the mood and excited for the swap in July.  Now let's head to the kitchen.

I was at Aldi on Saturday and decided I wanted to get a pie for Pi Day.  However, my Aldi is not known for its baked pastries.  On the other hand, their 16 inch pizza pies looked good.  I laid the U.S. quarter next to the pizza so you can see the huge size.  This is not a frozen, but fresh pizza with a definite shelf life.  This is their 5 cheese pizza.  I decided to add some of my colby-jack cheese to the top, but when I placed the pie in the oven, the cheese chunks bounced and shifted to the back of the pie. 

It's obvious which cheese was the one I added and how it shifted when I placed the pie in the oven.  The metal to the left is my pizza cutter.  Although the crust looks under cooked, I assure you it wasn't.  To be honest, I liked this pie better than the make, take, and bake pie I normally get across town.  I want to thank C.J. for reminding me to celebrate Pi Day.  After all, it's a math thing!

Speaking of math, I've almost got your partners chosen.  I just have to hear back from a couple of participants before I can finalize your partners.  The good news is, I was so delighted we had so many options because there are only five T Tuesday participants (so far) who opted to make an ATC. 
 
Although you probably already know the drill, please share a drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 


 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Sharon Madson said...

I cannot believe I am first! LOL we were thinking of going for Pi
Day at a local pizza place, (Blaze) advertising a pizza for $3.14 that day, but you have to download their app. We don’t know if we can do that! LOL. Happier T Day, Elizabeth!

Mae Travels said...

Happy Pi Day! I don’t really have any plans to celebrate this year, though I have made pizzas or pies in other years. I hope you enjoy your pizza.

thanks for hosting … mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Happy Pi Day!

Carola Bartz said...

The pizza looks so deliciou and of course it's perfect for Pi day. I love all the cheese on it and also that you added some Colby Jack. Your ATC is beautiful, I like the background with the Chinese characters, and red and purple is a favorite color combination of mine. Happy T day, Elizabeth (and Bleubeard, of course).

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Pi day. Your pizza looks delicious. I so miss the Aldi store that was near our woods home-love that store.
Happy T

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Pi day and happy T day! Hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

I had no idea it was Pi Day, and you made it into a Pie Day with one foul swoop, or should i say with one delicious pizza. Well done, that looks utterly yummy!
Happy T and Pi Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Cloudia said...

Pizza!! Yes

Kate Yetter said...

Your PIE for Pi day looks delicious! I wish I had thought about that.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Nice pie for pi day and for T day. I totally forgot about pi day this year, so maybe tomorrow I will have to figure something out. Your pizza pie looks yummy, as does your teapot on the ATC. Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Ohhh well give me pizza any day and any time of day. Colby Jack is one of my favorite cheese. The pizza looks really good. WOW! 5 different cheeses and then yours. I will be over save me a pice or 3. LOL Love your T Time art. Have a very nice evening.

Iris Flavia said...

Happy Pi-Day! Sadly I didn´t think of it in time and I´d baked too much to buy a pizza for today. The muffins will have to do!
But your pizza looks soooooo yummy! To cheese! - I´ll add that on top of the muffin! (it comes with but one sort, so I´ll add a second, ha!)

nwilliams6 said...

Make sure I am on your list for the exchange and I definitely want to do the ATCs. Love your example!!!

I like their pizzas too and great idea to add more cheese. Always good to find a new favorite pizza. Mine is the Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza and we add roasted bell peppers and chick peas, jalapeno, and some more cheese. Then we top it with sliced avacado after it is done.

Happy T-day and many hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Great minds think alike. Happy T and Pi Day

Jeanie said...

Pie is pie, whether it is cherry, pizza or chicken pot! What a great idea!

Debra said...

Whoa-that pizza looks amazing. I love your art piece-the colors are beautiful together.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'd forgotten about Pi Day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Well Elizabeth your Pi (pie) looks GOOD!!! We usually opt for Supreme or Deluxe.. with all ALL the fixin's... lol I don't understand why a ATC is such a hard sell... Their small... so not a big commitment, easy to fit in an envelope and mail.. I have to say i was not fond of them at first ... i felt constricted but they have grown on me.. I like the idea of collecting them. They fit nicely in the sleeves that baseball cards go in.. Ah well i hope you get some more takers.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, I didn't think there was an Aldi in the US too! Your pizza pie looks so delicious!
All the best and Happy T-Day - Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/03/costa-rica-8-kapitel-nationalpark.html

pearshapedcrafting said...

At last..I don't get the read only box! I love to buy pizza bases and make my own topping but as you have done here I often add things (and always cheese) to Margarita pizzas. I've been working small recently so looking forward to ATC time! Happy T Day, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

I got distracted and missed T Day. I'd post my link anyway, but since so many people get to T so early -even on Monday- I feel like here on Wednesday morning I'd just be entirely too late lol

We had pizza for Pi Day, too :) but ours was frozen. Yours does look tasty.

Neet said...

We had my favourite pizza the other day and either they have changed the recipe or my taste buds are up the chute. It just did not do it for me. Yours, on the other hand, looks absolutely delicious and the addition of the cheese is great in my book, never too much.
I think it was Monterey Jack Cheese I was introduced to in America, whatever it was I loved it.
Have a great day
Hugs, to all, Neet xxx