Saturday, March 4, 2023

February calendar is complete and March has been written in

 

If you are reading this notice, it means I am still gone.  I am not trying to be coy.  I have a friend who is on hospice and she lives in another town.  At the time I packed to leave, I wasn't sure of her condition because "hospice" can mean anything from months to weeks to days to hours."  I'll update all when I return. This is my only scheduled post, so I will visit when I return to Wichita.  

 Right now, however, it's once again time to share my monthly calendar pages.

You can see I used various red gel pens to write in my calendar in February.  It was to honor Erika's Red theme at Art Journal Journey.

Since my friend Valerie has chosen Anything Goes for her theme at Art Journal Journey, and since I decorate my calendar every month around the host's theme, it was easy to choose both stickers and stamps this month.  I agree that normal is boring and may be why I stamped it upside down.  Or maybe because I wasn't paying attention!  BTW, lets all wish Erika a very happy birthday today.  Maybe she wishes she was visiting her friends in the southwest U.S. right about now.

Thanks for dropping by today.  Although my calendar pages pale in comparison to my more gifted blogger art friends, this is the only place you will find them, since I'm not on any other social media sites.
 


17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I wish you strength. I was confronted with this three times. It is very hard.
Love the red February page!
Off for Birthday-wishes. How end and ongoing can be so close...

Rita said...

My friend Linda's mother went into hospice and lived for over three years and yet I have heard of people lasting days, so you never know. Sorry about your friend but so glad you can be with her.

My name is Erika. said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes Elizabeth. I know you had to have a lot of your mind with a friend in hospice. I hope you can have a nice visit and it isn't too sad. And also thank you for making your calendar writing in red last month. It looks great and is a really fun idea. And I like your anything goes month calendar too. Thinking of you right back...hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

All the best. It isn't easy. My hospice client is interesting.

CJ Kennedy said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, but it's good that you can spend time with her. I love the reds of your February page. So cheery. I like the way there are stickers on the March page. My favorite is the robin. With the Wintry mix we have going on here, I'm not sure we'll see the robins any time soon. Btw, don't forget to mark March 14 as Pi Day

Jeanie said...

Your calendars always make me feel like a slacker! I'm very sorry about your friend and am grateful that you can spend some time with her. I know the visit will be appreciated.

Valerie-Jael said...

Thnaks for linking your lovely pages to my challenge at AJJ. Kind of you to accompany your friend. Look after yourself, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Welcome March!

Divers and Sundry said...

Hoping your visit goes well.

I don't keep a calendar any more as I have no regularly scheduled anything lol

DVArtist said...

Elizabeth, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Love your calendar. See you when you return.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Take care. I hope it's the months...or years variety of hospice.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm sorry to read about your friend. You are so clever to use a red pen to fill in the calendar - it looks great as a whole page with all the other little images. This months is looking very elegant. Big hugs, Chrisx xx

sirkkis said...

I wish, Elizabeth, your upcoming days in March and far in the future, are happy and healthy, full of joy and inspirations.
Sorrow of the passed friend and other unhappiness belong to it, of course, but we must take them.
Hugs xx

Rika said...

Sorry to read about your friend.


wonderful calendar pages.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, we both work with our calendars. I have only to make one image. You work with every day of the month :) Nice work.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I wish you a lot of strength and great your March calendar!
Come home safely!
Hug Elke

Neet said...

My heart goes out to you. I have just heard that my friend has gone into a dementia home and I feel as if I am going through a bereavement. I wonder will she know me when I next see her? She did last week but I have to leave it a while for her to settle, which I fully understand but I am so sad today.
For you to travel out of town like this is such a lovely thing that you have done for someone you care about. Take care, please.
Your calendar is lovely and I hope you find some things that are uplifting to write on it.
Hugs, Neet xxx