Saturday, January 14, 2023

Working on my tea cup book cover

 

 

Some of you may remember the four teacup pages/signatures I made.  These are really thick  and most have at least three, sometimes four or more layers of papers and cardstock.

 I found a book that was slightly larger than the signatures.  I deconstructed the interior and added grunge board to the center.  I glued the grunge board (shown under the book cover) in place using a strong glue.  I then set it aside to dry.


When I thought it had dried, I measured the width of the grunge board

and divided it

into four lines where holes would be poked to hold each signature.  Before that could happen, though, the edges needed to be trimmed and glued in place.  More on this very soon, I hope.

Thanks for dropping by today.  Sorry I have nothing finished and prepared.  However, thanks so much for stopping by, anyway.



 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Kinga K. said...

So pretty :D

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun with your cover, and enjoy your weekend, hugs, VALERIE

Elephant's Child said...

I am looking forward (lots) to seeing more.

Iris Flavia said...

That is a great start! Can´t wait to see more!

My name is Erika. said...

I love making books. Of any kind. I'm trying to figure out how to bind my holiday journal. Therefore, given what I just wrote, this looks like a fun project and I'll be interested to see how you finish it off. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Can't wait to see what you create with these. I really like the clamps you have. Thank you for joining FFO and coming back to leave a comment. I hope you are feeling better by now.

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a fun project

jinxxxygirl said...

I always like seeing things in progress Elizabeth... Hugs! deb

Mae Travels said...

I just looked up various meanings of “grunge” and it was very interesting. I remember when “grungy” meant cruddy or dirty, but there are quite a few extensions of the meaning, including a brand of fiber board for craft projects, a type of bicycle part, and a type of music. Your project looks like a lot of fun.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Coming along nicely

Divers and Sundry said...

That top image is striking. I feel better about some of the unusable books (outdated textbooks, gift books that aren't re-giftable) knowing now how creative people like you can use them for good :)

Rita said...

Going to be really nice!
Please show it to us when it is done. :)

Jeanie said...

It will be fun to see how it ends up!

craftytrog said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out Elizabeth.

Let's Art Journal said...

Looks like you're having fun making your cover for your teacup pages 😊. Enjoy! Hugs Jo x

Debra said...

I love the process posts. This will be a beautiful book.