Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday Smiles 496: Spring drive by shootings

 

It's Friday which means it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time). Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday. 

Since I have been nowhere this week except to Aldi, I am sharing some photos I took last spring.






Yes, Iris, those are electric (top wires) and phone lines (lower, thicker wire).

Thanks for dropping by today.  PLEASE visit Annie and start your weekend with a smile.  Funnies to follow.

Cat memes from Reader's Digest.

Oh hi 

Image of cat with one eye open. Meme text: Meowed until the human woke up. I didn't need anything, I just felt like being annoying.

Too tired

Judger 

Cat Bond

Image of cat in a box. Meme text: If it fits, I sit. 

So. Full. 

I think that's enough.  I'm not finding these as funny as Reader's Digest seems to, so that's it for me this week.

 


18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Now those are the sort of drive by shootings I can appreciate - and welcome. Thank you.

Iris Flavia said...

Aldi. LOL.
It´s to me still strange that Aldi and Lidl etc are now available worldwide.
When I was little I don´t know if there was even an Aldi South! (We are Aldi North).
Do you have to pay for the shopping cart (trolley, whatever you call that)? An Australian friend complained big she had to, LOL.
In Australia they are for free, here you need to put a euro in and get it back then.

Hups. Ingo said we have some top wires still, too, but most are under ground here.

Awww. Now. Do I still want a cat? LOL Thank you for the smile, Elizabeth!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. We still have wires like that too though some people use cable now. The funnies are so true of cats though I have never had one I known friends who have or have had them and they were all just like those. Wishing you a warm and happy weekend. Hugs, Angelas xXx

mamapez5 said...

lovely blosso trees to keep us going until they start to flower again quite soon.
Maybe the cat pictures are ab it too close to the truth to be really funny but you found some handsome animals, so of course I am smiling. Kate x

Lisca said...

Lovely photos of mature trees, but miserable weather by the looks of it.
We have never lived in an area where there was an Aldi. So we have always shopped at Lidl's (The founders of Aldi and Lidl are brothers, and the concept of the store is the same. I have never been to Aldi, although we have them in Spain, just not within driving distance from where I live.
We have cables everywhere too. Electricity as well as telephone and internet (fibre is very popular) .
In Rotterdam everything is underground, and where we lived in Bristol everything is underground too. It is annoying as every other week the road will be dug up for some maintenance or repair and the different agencies do not communicate with each other so the same stretch of street will be dug up regularly. Why don't they all do what they have to when the street is open and then we have the bother only once.
I do realise that overhead cables can get damaged by storms etc. So one can't win...
The cat situations are funny as long as you don't have a cat. Like Iris says: who'd want a cat after looking at these funnies? (I was thinking of having one. I asked my friend Antonia if I could have one from her cat's next litter. I'll think about it...
Have a great weekend,
hugs,
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

As you suggest, those cat captions aren’t particularly funny or clever. Maybe that line of humor has been used up by now, and maybe an imaginative person will innovate and there will be something new. Like you, I can’t wait until spring.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

I think they're pretty cute. :)

Annie said...

I'm so looking forward to Spreing so your photos made me smile as did you cat funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, was nice to see spring photos-as we are back in the 20's again brrrr great kitty funnies too Happy Friday

CJ Kennedy said...

60 days until Spring. Loved all the funnies. Have a great weekend.

Jenn Jilks said...

Spring is a wonderful season!

LA Paylor said...

love those comics.... truth in humor
LeeAnna

Christine said...

Lovely photos and cute funnies!

Debra said...

It's nice to see spring pictures!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad these are from the spring as it's nice to see the trees in bloom and the buds on the trees getting bigger. Spring will be here soon. HOPEFULLY! and I had to laugh at the cat memes, especially the cat on the couch. I've never had a cat destroy a couch, but one of my cats like to shred rolls of toilet paper. Have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Back in the early 2000s, I did a little Shutterfly book called "Drive By Shootings" which is similar to your posts -- all the spots I'd drive past (usually, but not always, as a passenger!). I love seeing these!

DVArtist said...

Oh that first photo is cracking me up.

Divers and Sundry said...

And once again my heart stops! at the idea that 1) you take photos while driving, and 2) shootings. Yikes!!!