Monday, October 17, 2022

T Stands For Happy Mail

 

On my dining room table you see a plethora of happy mail from friends.  I received these while I was offline due to jury duty.  I decided not to open anything until I was able to actually share these with  the T Tuesday gang.

Just to prove I didn't start opening these cards until today, here is the proof from my phone.  Note the mug is empty.  I am such a klutz, I was afraid to pour any drink around these lovely gifts.  Yes, that is paint on the phone.

Jackie, my Canadian friend from Junkboat Travels sent this charming postcard to me from Newfoundland.  She wrote they were heading to St. John's to try to avoid Hurricane Fiona.  Obviously, the postcard took awhile to get to me.  Thank you for thinking of me while you were on holiday, Jackie.

I know how Lisca loves to see the postage, and this is from

my dear friend RO!  She even included some adorable Breast Cancer stickers I can use in my calendar.

My first Halloween card!

and a sweet, thoughtful message, just like RO!  Thank you dear friend.

Who do I know who also lives in Canada?

My dear friend Cindy, whose card is not just beautiful, but understated.  Thank you dear Cindy for this wonderful example of collage fodder.

Next up is this beauty from Texas.

This gives you an idea that there might be something Halloween inspired inside.  It's from my friend Deb at Learning to Just Breathe.

Inside was this incredible postcard that included a fabulous leaf and an ombre effect.

Deb also included some sunflower seeds and glassine envelopes.  Such thoughtful gifts.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Deb.

It has taken me two days, but I finally got all my herbs inside I want to overwinter inside.  This is the dining area.


This is the living room area.  Note I used books in both the dining and living room areas as lifts.

Now it's time to share your own drink related post, please.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  



I made it with just three minutes to spare.  And of course, I forgot to explain our verdict.  You have to remember the owners of the cows spent a long time explaining why they could not have left the gate open.  They called many people who swore the owners were very responsible and would never have left the gate open.  The owners believe someone came along and opened the gate, possibly teens anxious to get in trouble.  In the end, we decided it didn't matter who left the gate open or even if someone else opened it.  The owners of the cows were ultimately responsible and the owners of the vehicles were not to blame in any way.  The owners of the cows were also required to pay hospital bills and damages to the vehicles.  I hope you agree with our verdict based on the evidence you were given.  If you are unfamiliar with the trial, you can read about it here.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

Great photos of your cards and letters, but you also promised we would find out how your jury voted about those cows!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

So glad you are back! I read your previous post about the case your jury had to hear, and thought you were going to tell us the verdict in this post. Anyway, lovely gifts and cards in your happy mail, Elizabeth. Yes, to bringing in plants! I think we will have a freeze tonight. Eek!, then some more 80s in the forecast. Crazy! Happy T day.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice happy mail. You sure got a lot of it. Nothing is wrong with that though. I brought my plants inside a few weeks back. Funny, there is a toad or tree frog in one plant. I can't find him, but every now and again he starts calling out. I want to find him to put him back outside before it does get really cold because I'm not sure what he'll eat all winter. Have a great T day, and thanks for sharing the verdict with us. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely happy mail

Amila said...

These are beautiful cards and it is a nice happy mail.
I also joined the T Tuesday with my post where there are murals of Tea stalls and a Kopitiam (Coffee shop).
Have a Great Day!

Mae Travels said...

Thanks for the update about the verdict. Your description definitely made it sound ridiculous for the drivers to pay the owner of the cows.

And another note: I drew drinks on several photos of Halloween decorations on the lawns in my neighborhood. Some of the commenters were convinced by my sketchy drawings, but I admit that I am responsible. Of course I did it so that the post was right for the Tuesday drinking party here.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

very nice mail. It is always fun to get mail. Although now in the US the stamps are going up again. I love seeing all of your herbs look great and glad they are in for the winter. I am also glad your jury duty is over. Have a very nice evening.

Elephant's Child said...

LOTS of happy (and beautiful) mail. I like your herbs too.

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, my phone says hi to yours - they sure look alike!
Wonderful happy-mail, too!
Oh, I need to take my herbs inside, too!
Or... do I? Yesterday was super-warm! (For October)

Helen said...

You received some very happy mail and i enjoyed catching up about the trial i this and the previous post.

Rita said...

Definitely happy mail!
Glad you got your plants inside before it got too cold. :)

Cloudia said...

Very enjoyable show and tell!

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful cards and stamps. Nice indoor plants you have in your room. Take care and stay safe.

Valerie-Jael said...

And what about the cows? I want to know what the jury decided! Love all of the beautiful happy mail, enjoy! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie
And thanks for linking me, at the moment I'm asleep by 9p.m.!

Empire of the Cat said...

Nice happy mail - did you never receive my card I send a few weeks ago - the one with cat on the front? i think everyone else received theirs weeks ago. I'm not sure it's the fault of the cow owners, but maybe they need to keep the gate padlocked. I feel sorry for the poor cows. My herbs stay outside all year long. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Lisca said...

Welcome back! You have been missed! And how interesting to learn about the justice system and the court case. Yes, I agree with the verdict. Owners of animals are always responsible for any damage they do, that is why they really should have them insured.
Lots of happy mail! Thank you for showing those beautiful stamps.
It's nice to have all your herbs inside now. By the way, I love that humming bird sitting in one of your pots.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Jackie McGuinness said...

You are welcome for the card. I posted it in Gander NL famous for the last stop for planes to refuel before heading to Europe. Also famous for Come From Away, on 9/11
the US closed its airports so 38 planes and 6,700 passengers spent spent days in this tiny community who did their best taking care of them.

I have been called to jury duty three times now and never been picked. I now will be summoned some time next year.

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful and colorful mail art. I take it your boys don't disturb your plants. I don't trust Calli and Quill around plants. Happy T Day

jinxxxygirl said...

I love seeing all your snail mail Elizabeth! So glad mine arrived in one piece. My house is so dark only the hardiest plants could survive the Winter.. just not enough light for most.. Hubby and i read your verdict with interest.. Thought it interesting that the man with the cows was suing and not the other way around to begin with.. Totally agree with your verdict.. Great T post! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Let's Art Journal said...

What amazing happy mail, I bet it was so lovely to open it on your return 😊. Glad you got your herbs all sorted to over winter too. Thanks for sharing the verdict. Take care and happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Exciting mail!

I agree with your verdict. His responsibility to secure the perimeter against passersby opening a gate seems clear. He should use a better lock.

My pots are still outside, and the herbs will stay there. Today the local weather people are talking about the "bitter cold" Last night's low here was 33 lol

Jeanie said...

Happy mail is always the best and you scored big! I love the stamps as much as the contents!

Birgit said...

Guess Who?? Hahaa....I have been so very bad but here I am and glad to see how much you are loved by others. Love what was sent to you. I love that turquoise tree. I feel bad for the owners of the cows because they may be telling the truth but, you are right, the owners are responsible. Mind you if they caught the varmints who opened the gates, I would make sure they would be cleaning the gutters for the next 4 yrs for free. To pay off what the owners have to pay out.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I've tried to comment twice on my computer but I am back on my old tablet. What fabulous mail...and stamps! Well done for getting your herbs in before the frosts start. The verdict is the only one it could be - the farmer should be aware of open gates, hugs, Chrisx

Kate Yetter said...

Loved seeing all your happy mail. Some very beautiful cards!
I have tried bringing my herbs in to winter but I inevitably kill them. Not sure why as they do great for me in the ground, I am guessing they require TLC and a lot of water. None of which I am good at.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Caty said...

Wonderful cards and gifts from your friends Elizabeth ! Happy belated T-day !
Your plants are so beautiful, they ´ll have a good winter. Interesting to wait and see your future sunflowers.
wish you a very nice Thursday, big big hugs
Caty