Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Spring

 

 I'm once again joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Fur and/or Feathers theme.

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year.  Spring has definitely come to life in the southern hemisphere, so I am honoring all my friends there with this entry.

"Spring

brings new life."

The baby chick is definitely new life.

I started this page spritzing my handmade shimmering mist on 110 lb cardstock.  While it was drying, I computer generated the words and printed them on my laser printer.  I cut the words and the baby chick, a hand painted image I found in my stash, to fit on the 5 inch X 8 inch (12.7 cm X 20.32 cm) page.  I then sewed all the words and the chick to the page using dark green thread.

Bleubeard and I are really happy you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fur and/or Feathers.
 

12 thoughtful remarks:

Neet said...

What a lovely way to honour your friends in the southern hemisphere. I adore the little chick in the basket (doesn't sound right when I say it like that but you know what I mean). He really is adorable and so fluffy.
I tend to go for Autumn as my favourite season but it is quickly followed by Spring. Only for the autumnal colours, certainly not for the leaves that have to be raked up and disposed of, whereas Spring is, as you say, the bringer of new life and it is lovely to see the buds bursting on the trees once more. And, of course the little lambs frolicking in the fields and the tiny chicks down at the farm.
Thanks for a delightful page Elizabeth.
I am away at the moment and having difficulties posting but fingers crossed.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. Muchly.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your chick in its nest is so sweet, and a great symbol for spring and ndew life! The sewing adds a nice touch, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Spring is such an exciting time after the long winter, and your page captured that feeling. Perfectly.that’s a Cute chick. I am excited for autumn as I like the cooler nights and no. Bugs, but winter is not my favorite time of year as snow is too much work.it’s a good thing spring does come though and cute little chicks hatch. Spring is about hope, isn’t it? This is a great page for Neet’s challenge. Have a wonderful Wednesday. Hugs erika

Christine said...

Spring is my favourite season

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet page. I wish Summer was starting over again.

Jeanie said...

I wish we were starting spring this week instead of fall!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I can´t wait for Spring! Wish we could jump over Autumn and Winter right over it!
But then... yesterday I learned how much one of my ALSTOM-colleagues already looks forward to all the Christmas Markets he plans to visit.... Would not take that away from him...

Cute work, I love it!

Debra said...

This is beautiful...I miss spring even though I really love fall. But it's always nice to look forward to the peepers and other wonders of spring after a long winter. And so nice to have blogger friends too!

craftytrog said...

A wonderful Spring page Elizabeth. We wouldn't appreciate Spring half as much if Winter didn't come before it.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty springtim page! The little chick is adorable 😊. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

What pretty spring images. It's fun to think that some are welcoming spring as I am welcoming fall :)