Monday, September 19, 2022

 

 Let's head to Autumn + Art.

Autumn and Art is held every year at Bradley Fair.  This is an upscale art show and you had better bring your checkbook because NOTHING is cheap inexpensive. 
It had to be canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid.

However, it looked bigger and more impressive than ever.  Note how the tents go on forever as far as the eye (and my camera) can see.

One thing I can say is, I've never seen so many sunflowers in my life.  Painting in oil, acrylic, and mixed media.  On canvas, on  cards, and on paper.  If anything, sunflowers dominated the show, at least what I saw.  I admit, I'm not into paintings, so if you want to see paintings, you will not find any here.  I avoided all that, because I just wanted to see art that was either unique or interested me in some way.

One thing I couldn't get away from were the crowds, and most irritating were those who stepped right in front of me as I was taking a photo.  I got several people's backs.

I admit I got a little carried away at this booth.

I spent way too much time here.

I fell in love with everything this artist made.

It wasn't just the animals, but the figures, too.

I felt like my photos didn't do these sculptures justice,

so I kept taking photos as the artist worked on another rhino.

I hope he did well, because his art is incredibly beautiful.  

It truly spoke to me.

Truly!  As much as I wanted to, I could not stay there all day.

The next place I stopped was for CJ.  She has a thing for socks.  I want the RBG socks.  I should have bought them.  Now they are gone.  RBG's face, like all the images, has been superimposed over dictionary pages and then turned into socks.  Looks like there were sunflowers, too.




Too bad I am so short and can't see over others.  This was ONE BUSY booth.

The other half of the stall was so crowded,

I couldn't get close to the decorated dictionary pages.

I have a ton more photos, but I will save those for another day.  I admit about half way through the booths, I got horribly ill.  I had plenty of water, so I know it wasn't from dehydration.  I wore a hat and used a bit of sunscreen.  However, when I got home, I stood under a luke warm shower for about 10 minutes until my heart stopped racing and I felt nearly, but not quite human again.  I was so sick I didn't eat and haven't done much of anything.  That's why I've been mostly MIA.  Thanks for understanding and thanks for joining me at the Autumn and Art Fair.

 

11 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry you were so unwell and hope you are feeling MUCH better now.
That looks like a fabulous show - and I would happily have joined you spending LOTS of time at that stall.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, hoping you are feeling better today. The one thing I have missed since we retired to Missouri is the art shows. We had quite a few very good ones near where we lived before. Here nothing close by at all, although I did go to a couple quilt shows since being here.
This one looks like a large and a good one too, and was good to see well attended. Hoping the artists sold allot.
We are back to the 90-'s this week-ugh-I am back going early to the woods house to pack up Larry's shop.
Enjoy your new week-hugs from the lake

Mae Travels said...

Art fairs can be really overwhelming. Here in Ann Arbor the summer fair in July has a couple of miles of booths, and I have never gone through the entire thing. The art you featured is really nice.

I hope you will soon be feeling much better.

best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely art displays

jinxxxygirl said...

Good Morning Elizabeth!! I hope you are feeling better! Thank you for taking us to the Art Fair.. I wish we had one here.. I have to travel quite the distance to get to one here and i do sometimes.. Most art fairs are too Artesian for me.. everything is so perfect.. like i could buy it at a store.. I miss the fairs with home made crafters .. people who the crafts are their hobby not their jobs.. if that makes any sense.. Hugs! deb

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't been to an art fair all summer, so it was lots of fun to visit this one with you. Those sculptures are great, especially the giraffes. I would love them, but Ibet they were pricey. And I like the socks too. Too bad you didn't get the RBG ones. It looks like there are some really fun choices. I can't wait to see more of the fair. And since I am also short, I can totally relate to people stepping in front of you. It's a pain, isn't it? Happy Monday. I will see you for T tonight. Hugs-Erika

Debra said...

I hope you are all better now. It's scary when that happens. Maybe some Gatorade would help. Rest and just get better!

Iris Flavia said...

A great event with beautiful pieces. Sad some people show no respect and just stomp into pictures like that.
Hope you´re better again!
I have my heart racing at times, too, takes quite a while and is scary.

CJ Kennedy said...

The sculptures were very beautiful, but I really loved the idea of the socks. Too bad about RBG socks being sold out. I like the tuxie cat, too. I hope you're feeling better.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is scary. I hope you are better.

Jeanie said...

There's some interesting work there. I love the sculptures. It looks like a terrific event, loads of fun. I'm behind the game so I hope by now you are much improved!