Thursday, July 28, 2022

On my doorstep

 

I want to begin by wishing my friend CJ a very happy birthday.  I hope someone makes her a cake or takes her on a shopping and eating binge.

This will be my final time joining Wendy K at Wendy's Craft Journal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey Wendy's theme, as I'm sure you know, is Doors and Arches.

For obvious reasons, I named this On my doorstep.

I got my idea for drawing the branch and leaves, along with the dots, from a lesson Laly Mille shared with her Soulful Abstracts she previewed free.  The lessons are more than likely no longer available free.  Laly's door and image were quite similar to my image, so I simply had to imitate her doodles.

I had the number 5 red rubber stamp sitting on my table, so decided to use it as the address.

I used the same color on the twill tape, which was originally white.
 
I used the same gel pen on the sentiment that I used to create the leaves and dots.  Of course, I had to mess up the next to the last letter on the page.  Obviously, the sentiment is the same as the title of today's post.

I started this page after I found a door and doorstep in a free paint chip brochure.  The brochure pages were quite thick and sturdy, so I used a wet PVA glue to attach the page to 120 lb. cardstock.  I ran a dye ink pad over the tape until I was satisfied with the color I was looking for.  Of course, in the end, I had to use my own handwriting and mess up the sentiment.

I want to thank Wendy for doing an excellent job hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Her art contributions were inspiring and her hosting skills were superb.  We thank you for all you did this month, Wendy. 

Thanks for taking time to drop by today.  Bleubeard and I are very grateful for your visit.  Even though this is my final entry, there's still time for you to create your own art at Art Journal Journey.  You can still show your own interpretation of Doors and Arches.  
 


15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I like this one a lot.
If I was rich I´d had a porch like that.
To sit on, read a book, roofed, to enjoy the rain, just like we have in the (sadly rather icky) cabin in Perth/Madeley - where Perth-friends call me to ask if it rains there, too.

Thank you for the memory.
I should play lotto, huh? ;-)

Elephant's Child said...

A very happy birthday to your friend CJ.
That door and doorstep are totally charming - and inviting.

WendyK said...

A lovely doorstep for your last entry Elizabeth, it looks very American. I do Laly’s classes and love her style. I do have a rolling chair in my studio and a kettle, no room for a bed though so you would have to sleep on a chair. Hugs Wendy

Neet said...

You have done such a great job of finding these pictures of doors during this month's challenge. This one reminds me of my visits to America and how much I loved the porch at my friends house.
Love how you have introduced some stamping into the page and the leaves and blossom over the door.
Thanks for reminding me of happy times.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Caty said...

This door is really amazing Elizabeth! Love it. Happy Birthday to CJ !
I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugss
Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

thank you for the birthday wishes. On my doorstep is the perfect place to be.

Jeanie said...

Cheers to CJ! And I love the purple house and door! It's such a welcoming entrance!

Jenn Jilks said...

I enjoyed this one!
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

EricaSta said...

Doors always speak to us. I found this especially in Ireland. Love this.
Thank you for sharing.

Mae Travels said...

That's a perfect Midwestern Door Step, I think. My neighborhood in Michigan has many and where I grew up in suburban St.Louis had them, and the Chicago suburbs have houses with porches like that and on and on!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving the image colours and your additions are perfect 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Nice page and nice porch on your page. I can tell that that door most likely came from a paint brochure as it is painted so beautifully and looks great with the house. Wendy did do a great job hosting, and I didn't know it was CJ's birthday. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

NatureFootstep said...

this doorstep reminded me of my late grandmothers :)

jinxxxygirl said...

Fabulous page Elizabeth!Some of those brochures can inspire! I guess thats what they are supposed to do.. I used to save paint chips for art/crafting then decided i was just enjoying collecting the different colors and not really using them.. sigh.. I have enjoyed seeing your arches and doorways this month. I like the#5 on this one .. it really fits seamlessly.. Hugs! deb

pearshapedcrafting said...

I envy the porches you have in the USA. This porch looks as though it will be a cool place to sit on a sunny day. You've made a beautiful final page for Wendy's AJJ theme, Hugs, Chrisx