Sunday, July 10, 2022

Monday Murals: Wichita Uncovered

 

I overdid things on Saturday.  I was outside early in the morning, around 6 a.m.  It was at that time, I gave my herbs a haircut.  I also did weeding in my front flower bed and by the time I started feeling sick, it was after 2 p.m.  My body told me I had overdone it and I was experiencing heat exhaustion.  I was dizzy, sweating, but had the chills.  I got nauseous when I drank coffee.  After taking a cool shower, I laid down and have been unbelievably exhausted since then.  I won't be doing that any time soon again.  

I had to drag myself to the computer just to create this post.  Now let's visit Monday Murals which will allow me to take my mind off overdoing it and missing a day on the computer I couldn't afford to lose.

It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

This mural is called "Wichita Uncovered."

It is an Avenue Art Days mural painted in 2017.

I was actually facing into the sun, so I didn't exactly center all the artists' names.  However, artist credit per Avenue Art Days is given to Coral Donnelly and Brittany Schaar.

This mural is found at Moler's Camera, 2609 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

It appears I missed quite a bit of this mural, which shows several iconic buildings and features, so it's good that I found a much better shot on the Avenue Art Days site.

Directly behind (to the back of) the mural was this box.  I took a photo of it for those of you who understand and "speak" graffiti.  The only thing I could make out was "Moler's," the owners of the camera store.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by this week.
 
 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the murals.
Thank you, and PLEASE, look after your important self.

kathyinozarks said...

getting over heated is Not good-take care of yourself Elizabeth. another awesome mural hugs

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! I do hope you are feeling better soon. I know that feeling and ever since have always had to think about drinks and shade when it's hot. I love this mural, it looks although it is fabric because of the texture of the wall. It looks to be quite a size too! Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Mae Travels said...

I hope you will quickly be feeling better. It’s so easy to become absorbed in a task and forget everything else you should be thinking about. Yes to hydration!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

Take care Elizabeth... that heat can do a number... hubs will be out playing golf in it this afternoon.. i don't know how he does it... it worries me every time. Love the colors in this mural , especially on the houses. Hugs!deb

Jenn Jilks said...

Great murals.
I'm sorry the heat got to you. It's been cool at night and hot in the day. It's pretty good. Of course, I've done little work, and more play with the kiddies, who have left now!

Divers and Sundry said...

It's easy to get carried away when we're playing with our plants :) Keep water at hand, that's my advice, and stay aware of how you feel. I know that sounds obvious lol, but when we're with our plants... I'm glad you're better :)

Cloudia said...

I had a similar heat experience. We need to care for ourselves, that's for sure, I love your sharing today!

Sami said...

Hope you are feeling better Elizabeth. I had heat stroke once as I was also working in the garden in the heat and didn't drink water. Also just realized I had overdone it when I felt nauseous. I quite like the mural, looks like scenes from an airport. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth, and get well soon.

Jeanie said...

The stone structure of the building makes it look like crinkled paper. Very interesting.

Iris Flavia said...

We´re good at that, overdoing it, aren´t we.
I sadly can relate. And I never learn.
Hope you feel better - and that´s some sweet mural!

s.c said...

Nice bit unusual mural but very nice on that underground.

My name is Erika. said...

Cool mural. It's too bad the side of the building is not very smooth as it must have made painting it tough. hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

Beautiful mural!

You take care and get fit soon!

Tom said...

...oh boy, what a bumpy wall to paint on! I was out yesterday taking pictures of murals that are part of a festival, some walls were quite a challenge. The artist di a remarkable job. Thanks for sharing it.

Debra said...

Oh my dear friend-I will just repeat what your other friends here have said-PLEASE do not do that again! Drink lots of water and rest often. My husband does the same thing-works too hard when it's hot-and I have to get on his case about it! I hope you feel good enough to let us all know how you are soon, so we don't worry.

craftytrog said...

I love those bright colours!

dee Nambiar said...

Get some rest, Elizabeth. I hope you feel better, soon.
The Wichita Uncovered mural is very attractive. I like the style of art with those bright colors and patterns.

Take good care. Have a peaceful week. :)


Alice said...

I wish I would've sp[ent some time in Wichita instead of just driving through. All your murals look so cool

RedPat said...

That was a long time to be out working in the garden. I'm glad you were able to post this mural though. I quite like it.

Let's Art Journal said...

Those murals look amazing, I love the designs and colours 😀. I hope you are keeping well and many apologies that I haven't visited you or joined AJJ yet this month, what with having a terrible cold and then afterwards having friends over (with decorating to finish and cleaning to do before their arrival) I didn't find any time for blogging. Take care and sending you happy wishes for a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

Birgit said...

That mural is cool looking. I hope you are feeling better today. I've had heat stroke and it's not nice. I'm surprised you could get this done.