Friday, July 15, 2022

Friday Smiles 481: Back online

 

I have been without internet or phone for two days.  I had nothing prepared in advance, so that's why my blog has also been silent for two days.  Imagine my surprise when my phone rang at 12:22 a.m., less than an hour ago.  It was a robo call from ATT telling me my internet was back online.  Doing a happy dance right now.

I spent a bit of time in my front garden while I had no phone or internet.

 I love how the butterfly bushes are starting to flower.

The only art I did while offline was something I remembered from a collage fodder lesson given by Julie Hamilton and the study of shapes.   Not having any reference, I tried to remember how Julie did hers.  I used card stock because it was all I had.  I knew it would buckle, but I didn't care.  I used various blues, greens, and raw umber fluid acrylics, and various green and blue pens.  I will finish these next week.  Right now, I want to try to flatten them.
 
That's it for me this week.  I have been thinking a LOT about the pro-choice versus the pro-life choice.  Here are some not so funny, but memes that are to the point this week.
 

Some of you know I'm a Libertarian, although I voted for Biden in 2020.  These are my beliefs. 
This is exactly how I feel.  Every woman should have a CHOICE and it is HER choice, not some black robed Justice who has become political.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.  These are my views and no one else's. Thanks for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  Now PLEASE visit Annie and don't forget to start your weekend with a smile.  


 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I can imagine your happy dance!
My cell died and I shortly was in panic I lost WhatsApp etc (didn´t and have a second).
Your plants look good and I love your art so far!
And, yes. It´s hilarious what´s going on in your place.
Women must have a choice (just sad men do not!).

Elephant's Child said...

Welcome back. I missed you. And love your art and the garden art as well.
I worry so much about this latest decision. So many people (women and children) will suffer. I share your opinions.

Mae Travels said...

Good to see you back. I was a little worried that your heat stroke from the weekend turned out to be something serious. At least it was only inanimate objects that brought you to a halt.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I love Budleas too...in fact I love any flower that attracts the butterflies and insects to my garden. I love your not so funnies this week and agree whole heartedly with you....it's all about choice.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I love your 'wheelbarrow garden', and the butterfly bush.
The abotion debacle in your country has made me sad. Everyone deserves autonomy over their own body. It is about free choice, not legislation. Your second meme especially strikes a chord. I am sure it is a step backwards to unskilled abortions which will cost lives.
I am glad your internet is back on so you can get back to blogging normally.
Kate xx

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear you had no power but glad to hear it is back Elizabeth. You must have been doing the happy dance for certain. And your garden is looking nice. I love that wheelbarrow you planted. If I had an old wheelbarrow I would plant it also. And nice playing with shapes. I wouldn't care if they buckled either but they look great. And I also liked your memes today. I am appalled that a 10 year old girl who was raped, and probably scared from that, had to leave her state for an abortion. If you are pro-life shouldn't you be for all life, including the mother? But no, once you are born those pro-life people don't care about you at all. Ridiculous. I'm glad you're back online, and have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Great to see you back! I wish butterfly bush would grow on my patio but multiple attempts here have failed :( I'll enjoy your photos :)

Thank you for being willing to openly share your opinion on this subject. Back in the '70s I had no idea we'd be moving backwards :( I just wanna cry.

Lisca said...

I'm glad you have Internet again. You seem to have a lot of problems with your provider. Can't you change provider. Even here in a small rural village we have a choice of several providers (Okay, it-s three. But that still means I have a choice). Or perhaps it is the infrastructure that is bad...
Oh your wheelbarrow garden is so pretty! That is a huge success.
I'm with you concerning abortion. I have not followed what is happening in the states, but I know for sure that if you make abortions illegal, it won't stop abortions happen, as the second meme says. It makes it all much more unsafe.
Preventing unwanted pregnancies, and a lot of information so that women can make informed choices.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, that must be so frustrating that your internet goes down so often-but sometimes a break from the computer is a good thing too.
Your plants are doing well despite the heat Happy Friday and weekend Elizabeth

Christine said...

Welcome back!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi I'm back. I almost forgot to go to the hairdressers which is why I'm so late then I tried to sort out the puppy insurance and before you know the day has moved on. Pleased to see you've had a good week in the garden despite the internet going down. I'm with you on the abortion front, I feel it has to be a personal choice as there are so many issues involved that other people cannot understand. Have a lovely weekend what ever you choose to do. Hugs, Angela xXx

J.P. Alexander said...

Geniales imagenes, te mando un beso.

LA Paylor said...

PREACH! I loved this... agree.... I hate the descriptor pro life because it's just pro fetus. The same people are okay with mass shootings as long as they get to keep their assault rifles, with death penalty, with ruining the environment causing life to die of extreme heat, of not providing medical care for young and old so they die prematurely, of inhumane treatment of food sources, and on and on. Turns out I may be more pro life than the anti abortionists. Going one step further, I was born to a mother who wasn't married and if abortions had been safer might have gotten one, and I'm okay with that.
Pro choice must be protected, a woman's rights will continue to erode if male politicians continue to take them away.

DVArtist said...

Sorry about your internet. However, I love your wheel barrel garden, your art and the memes. Have a good day today.

Jeanie said...

Ugh on the internet. I'm glad it's back. Great memes and that wheelbarrow is FABULOUS! Well done!