Monday, March 14, 2022

T Stands For St. Patrick's Day rerun

 

Life has not been particularly easy this week.  I'm having increased pains in my hip, bottom, and back due to my fall, and I still haven't visited everyone who joined T Tuesday last week.  I really have no time to create a new post honoring St. Patrick, so I've decided to bring back how I've spent St. Patrick's Day in the past.

A rainbow of shamrocks graced my dining room table as I shared tea with my dear friend Julia from Stamping Ground who sent this tea to me.  It was as delicious as it looked, too.

For this St. Patrick's Day celebration it was all about the green.  There was a Leprechaun (pistachio) muffin on a green plate, green kisses, and green tea in a green Depression glass that sat on a green crocheted holder,
 
Now it's your turn to wear the green (or not).  You may share photos, a place you visited, an empty cup, a full cup, teapot, or mug, movies, postcards, books, magazines, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below, then Bleubeard and I, along with other T gang friends will be by to visit.  St. Patrick will not be joining us, though.  However, Bleubeard would like to remind you that your photos may be taken at any time, not just on Tuesday.

 

 

 


30 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

I hope all your aches and pains get better soon!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Sometimes time just gets away from us and we have to just slow down a bit. so sorry you are still sore from your fall-can you take a hot bath with epsom salts? I usually do that and it helps hugs

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear about the tough week. Too bad you are still sore from your fall. It sometimes takes a while for muscles to heal. I pulled one in my leg when trying to take off a boot in January, and since we've had a boot wearing winter, every time I removed that boot it acts up again. Not that my sore muscle matters to your aches and pains, that's not why I wrote that-just to illustrate my point. I hope your didn't have any other damage just showing up now. But getting so cold when you lost your power doesn't help I'm sure.

I love seeing your past St. Patrick's Day T celebrations. That shamrock placemat is beautiful. There's no need to have to go through the work for something new. I'm just glad you have power and are here for T this week. I hope this week is better than last week and that the aches and pains lessen a bit. Hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

Oh yum. That muffin looks good and the table setting lovely.
I'm so sorry you've had so much to deal with. Hope tomorrow is filled with sunshine and your body is good to you.
Hugs,

Carola Bartz said...

I'm sorry to hear about the pain after your fall. That sucks and I hope that you will feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

nwilliams6 said...

Wishing you healing and a happy St Pats this week. Great past shares. Happy T-day and thinking of you! Hugz

Kate Yetter said...

I am SO sorry that you have been in pain. I hope that your body is able to heal and you can get some rest.
I am loving your ST. Patty's day rerun. That table cloth is lovely.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

I didn’t know you had fallen. So sorry you are in pain. Sending good wishes and hugs, Elizabeth. I will try to get a t day post on later. I have been in a walking boot. Not fun either. And causing more pain than I had! LOL

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the shamrock table cloth! Sending love and healing your way dear Elizabeth. Rest well on this T day, and a happy St. Patty's day too!

Cloudia said...

Take a break for some spring fever! Thanks for hosting

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, sorry to hear you are in such pain. I hope it get´s better soon. I was had a sore neck for weeks and nothing helped, yikes.

Love the placemat!

Lisca said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are still sore after your fall. Yes, unfortunately it takes a long time to get back to normal. My mother is a prime example. I have no idea how old you are but certainly not 96 like my mother so you'll be fine soon. In the meantime just take it easy and don't stop moving or you'll seize up altogether.
Your St Patrick's scene is lovely. The spiced apple tea looks very nice indeed. But green food does not look appetising to me, so I'll give the green muffin a miss.
Happy T-Day,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery,
Lisca

Nancy Chan said...

Sorry that you had a tough week. Have you seen a doctor to check for injury? Hope you feel better soon.

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth, I didn't know you fell you poor gal. I'm so sorry you're in pain! Get well soon! ♥♥ I'll eat all of those Hershey Kisses!!!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I hope your injuries heal up soon. Thank you for the St. Patrick's Day share. I don't know if they celebrate that in Portugal, but I'll find out in two days. Take care and get lots of rest. (And drink lots of that tea!

CJ Kennedy said...

Top o' the morn and your green muffin is perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Here's to a better week and that you feel better soon. Happy T Day

Debra said...

Praying for you! I hope you feel all better very soon.
I have caught up on the posts I missed. I LOVE the flowers you made.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Take the time for yourself to heal. We'll all still be here!

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry you are in physical pain and discomfort from the fall. It sounds miserable. Have you seen anyone about it or might it just have to work itself out? I hope you will take care and recover soon. Loved your cuppa tea -- it looks as though it would smell and taste delicious!

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope the aches and pains resolve quickly. We have a green muffin tradition, too. My husband makes them. The kids always got such a kick out of it, and we do, too :) Your sweet little doily is lovely.

Happy T Tuesday. And thanks for continuing to organize this even when you're having so many competing interests and issues. It is one of my week's highlights :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

re runs are how we roll over here 75% of the time...classic..."TV" is almost always better !!! hope you get to feeling way better super quick; get some arnica gel; you can pick it up anywhere...it works without all the "medicinal" junk and or smell ~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Rita said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear about your fall, I do hope that you feel better soon and aren't in too much pain. Your St. Patrick's Day celebrations look fabulous, loving the all green food and drink (smile!). Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

craftytrog said...

The tea and cake look yummy Elizabeth.
Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Alison

Empire of the Cat said...

So sorry to hear you are in pain, that is the worst. Hot baths always help me so long as you are able to get in and out of them OK. Take care of yourself and hug the boys. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Cindy McMath said...

Hope you are feeling better soon my friend - I’m glad you didn’t break anything! After looking at this muffin I’m getting hungry. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

We only do St. Patrick's if the girls are here. I am adopted, and don't know who I really am!
I enjoyed your tea.
I am so sorry you are in pain.

DVArtist said...

Just take time and heal yourself. That is the most important thing.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post and get well..xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope all your aches and pains get better soon, sending lots of healing wishes to you.

All the best Jan