Monday, March 28, 2022

T STands For An Oldie

 

I've been cleaning my files up and deleting ones I no longer need when I came across this one.

This is pre-Covid.  No masks required and no social distancing.

Just two women exercising our inalienable rights.  See Sally's water bottle?  That's my qualifier today.  This is before Sally bought all those very expensive refillable water bottles in every color under the rainbow.

This is short and sweet because I want to get your thoughts on something Sharon and I discussed on the phone the other day.  She suggested we send decorator napkins instead of an ATC this year for our annual T party in July.  I suggested we have a decorator napkin swap instead.  This may not be something those of you who live in places other than the States want to join, but I am proposing IF there is enough interest, we buy a package of napkins and send ME as many napkins as there are players.  I will divide them and return them to each of you.  You will provide a self-addressed envelope and I believe we can get this accomplished with a single first class stamp.  If you are interested, just let me know in comments.  If you live in the states and know someone else who might want to play, but doesn't join T Tuesday, that is OK, too.  The more the merrier.  Remember to buy napkins that you would be willing to use in your own art.
UPDATE: This is one of six ATCs I made last year and sent to six unsuspecting T players.  This is a NAPKIN. This is after I added a coffee pot.  This is a perfectly acceptable napkin.



 

Don't forget to dig up your Second on the 2nd. It's a fun way to look back at one previous post once a month.

 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

What a great idea - and there are some lovely napkins available.

Lowcarb team member said...

"This is pre-Covid. No masks required and no social distancing"

Those were the days, how our world has changed, although things are beginning to ease and open up again ... thank goodness.

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous post and I loved seeing Sally again! I love the napkin swap, that's such a wonderful idea 😁. I probably won't participate as it will be complicated to send to the UK, I have no idea what the postage cost will be. Wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

Lisca said...

Oh what a great photo of Sally! And so good that you both voted. Women have fought so hard for the right to vote.
A napkin exchange? That sounds good. I looked at napkins and saw that here they come in packets of 20, which limits the number of participants. If there are more, it becomes more expensive as you'd have to buy two packets and pay the postage for more napkins.
Ignore my moaning! I'm in!
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

I’ m in! You know that, though. Happy T Day!

Carola Bartz said...

It looks like if some lawmakers get their way it will be more difficult for some people to vote. Shame on those politicians. How un-American.
I have no idea what a decorator napkin is - sorry for my ignorance.

Mae Travels said...

I assume that the decorator napkins are a craft project, and although I enjoy learning what people are creating, I don't do any art projects myself. I'll be watching! Have fun!

Thanks for hosting the drinks event.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like a fun idea, but I don't think I will participate in this one. Is this regular napkins one uses at the dinner table? If there is a bunch of these I think the postage would be much more than one stamp-unless I am not understanding what they are for sure-so excuse my not knowing Happy T

Kate Yetter said...

Love this picture of Sally! I love going to the polls. It makes me proud to live in a country that I can vote.
I will not be participating but I look forward to seeing all the fun napkins involved.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great photo of Sally. And she is smiling. I think you've said before you always catch her not smiling. I love this idea of the T anniversary. It fits the drink theme. And we all get to have something fun to use in our art or for T. I hope you have a wonderful T day my friend. hugs-Erika

Halle said...


Won't it be amazing when we can say "remember when..." about all the restriction and worry.
Happy T day!

Linda Kunsman said...

What a great pic of Sally- such a happy time! I'm on the fence about participating in the swap. I LOVE napkin swapping and use them in my art often. However, we are continually having serious issues with mail delivery in my area- so much so that sadly I won't even be mailing out Easter cards this year:(:(:(. And we aren't getting any satisfactory answers from the postal service about our problems either...

DVArtist said...

BC (Before Covid) how I miss those days. Nice to see Sally. The napkin idea sounds good but I am sorry I won't be able to participate. Have a lovely Tuesday.

Cloudia said...

Thank you both!

Iris Flavia said...

Yay for voting (even if over here it again proved being useless, but I did go - of course!).
Pre-Covid, yes, those were the days.
Fun idea with the napkins.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your ATCs, napkins are really pretty. I won't join in the swap, I'm cutting back on all activities. The old' days seem to far away now! Great photo of Sally looking happy! Hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

I will start looking out for fun napkins right away - count me in for the napkin exchange! Fun picture of Sally and your great ATCs, Elizabeth. Definitely looking forward to the day we can say remember when. Happy T-day! Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

And I just got an idea for an ATC swap! 😸Since I don't use napkins in my art, I'll sit this one out. Have fun!

Nancy Chan said...

Sounds like great fun. Don't know when we will not be wearing mask. Miss those carefree days.

Empire of the Cat said...

Ah the good ole days...
I have a couple of friends who send me cute napkins to use so it's a good idea but probably not for outside the US.
You were asking about the potato bags I use to grow the potatoes in, no they don't rot. I've been using them for about 10 years now and they are really great,plus they have handles so you can move them around the garden easily.
Sending you some virtual avocado toast!
Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Voting! Yes! I read an article the other day about the possibility of making voting a requirement as is the case in some other countries. It'd cut way back on those voter suppression pushes.

Happy T Tuesday!

Darla said...

Hello to Sally. She seems like a tea party member even though she doesn't post here. I do have a few napkin, I'll see if I find a new pack of something interesting. Seems the ones out there are pretty dull but I haven't really been hunting.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love seeing Sally - hope you had great day!I'll have to give some thought to the napkin idea - too much on. my mind at the moment! Hugs, Chris

Jeanie said...

I like your piece very much. I hope you had a great time with Sally!

Sandra Cox said...

I love the sign Sally was holding up.
Looking forward to seeing the designer napkins.
YOU take special care.

Amila said...

This post is fabulous and great photos. Sally looks very cheerful here. Napkins are beautiful too.