Thursday, March 10, 2022

Imported flowers

 

It's Thursday, and I would normally be joining Rain's Thursday Art Date.  However, there wasn't a fairy in sight when I searched for one.

That means I had time to create a journal page that relates to Spring, which is Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.    
 
I named this Imported flowers.  I have included a few detail images.



    
I started by gluing a sheet of gifted scrapbook paper to 110 lb. cardstock.  Note the scrapbook flowers.  I plan to use the leftovers in a future journal spread.  
 
To make the flowers, I cut ovals from paint chip samples and foreign text.  I used a felt tipped green pen to make the leaves and stems of the flowers.  I glued the grosgrain ribbon along the width of the page so the stems would have a place to grow.  I computer generated the words, then colored them green using a watercolor pencil.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Spring.
 
 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Great idea and... morning gymnastics ;-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love these flowers, they have a 70s vibe, nice memories for me. Thanks for linking again to my chalenge at AJJ, hugs, Valerie
Sorry Im not about much!

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, I love these flowers perfect for Valeries Spring are you getting cold and snow? we are suppose to get 3 inches starting tonight with lows 9 degrees ugh

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute flowers. They remind me of Flower Power from the late 60s and early 70s

FiveAcres said...

I love this. I almost squealed aloud when I saw it because I have the pad of paper that the background came from. I love your flowers and your interpretation of the them.

Divers and Sundry said...

This is delightful. I think collage is one of your artistic strengths.

Jeanie said...

These are so cheerful, Elizabeth. Very happy and perfect for a spring day.

DVArtist said...

Well your art looks like a faerie garden to me. I would still join in with TAD. The garden is just as important. Update your post and come on over.

Mia said...

This page is a true inspiration, Elizabeth. Amazing flowers. Hugs, my friend.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this turned out really nice Elizabeth ...maybe next week the fairy will show up :) ♥♥

peggy gatto said...

What fun!!!

Rita said...

Such cute, simple flowers! Cheery and bright. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I wouldn't have any fairies either, so I think you made the right choice sharing this page. I am loving all these flowers, both the ones on the paper and the cool circle ones you made. I am ready for some flowers now, and I am definitely jealous of people who are showing spring bulbs blooming around them. And I will also vicariously enjoy these. Hope it was a nice Thursday. Hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

What a nice set of images!

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love your cheerful collage blooms Elizabeth! They made me smile.

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are fabulous Spring flowers Elizabeth and makes for a beautiful AJJ page for Valerie's theme, hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

What a super idea and what a great way to use up those paint chart/chips. I love how you used the text for the ventres. Love your Spring garden Elizabeth.
Hugs, Neet xx