Friday, January 14, 2022

Friday Smiles 455: A few cat memes and a few photos from the museum

 

It's Friday and I'm once again joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.

I believe this is where we left off in the museum, specifically in the children's room.

In the background, you see the schoolhouse with the old desks and the real blackboard and map of the United States and Central America.  There's also an old piano and music memorabilia.  I would LOVE to own a metronome.

The painting depicts a baby who is playing with small objects that she could choke on.  Yes, I find these museum entries rather scary.  I just hope mom is close by.  And why is the fish bowl on the floor?

Are these animal cracker boxes?  They are gorgeous, if they are.  I originally thought they were blocks.

That would be a fun way to learn the alphabet.  That is the last of the photos of this room.

Now for a few cat memes.


Someone took a photo of Squiggles on a treadmill!









Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her for Friday Smiles.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.   Bleubeard also wants to go out, but wants to stay in at the same time.  He either wants what he can't have, or he can't decide what he wants.

 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful museum. Very interesting. I am glad though I grew up in the 70´s ;-)

LOL. Great cat pics!!!!
My customer on the phone: "Emmi! That´s your butt in my face!"
I get it it all life-like now ;-)

And mind you. One day... I will have a cat. If I sneak it in.

Elephant's Child said...

The museum looks fascinating.
In my next life I want to be a cat (preferably one of mine so that I can be suitably indulged). And yes, I know that is a challenge...

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the cat funnies, all so true. They are always kings and queens and behave like it! Lovel pics from the museum, reminD me of my start in the school. Have a great day, hugs, vALERIE

Lisca said...


Hmm, yes, people had no idea about health and safety then. Sometimes I think we have gone over the top with health and safety as most of it, I would argue, is common sense. But then some people don't seem to have any at all. And I'm sure that pre-war there were loads more accidents in the home involving children and many children died.
Those cat funnies are really funny! I love them all! (I have cat funnies too, snap!)
Have a good weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

This room in the museum is really interesting. So much of this looks quite familiar.
The cat pics made me smile. They are such funny creatures even though they don't mean to be. But they give us so much pleasure too.
I hope you have good week. Kate x

Mae Travels said...

Your photos are thought-provoking, as you suggest. Safety regulations are often inspired by a very small number of bad outcomes, but are considered necessary to prevent even a few accidents. That doesn't seem like such a bad thing for a lot of the possible risks, like giving babies very small (choking hazard) toys. I don't think that child's crib would be allowed on today's market either.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Love the museum photos and the cat funnies are great. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Hugs,
Annie x

Jeanie said...

As you might expect, I always enjoy good cat funnies and you picked some terrific ones here! And, that museum is a gem. I like sections like that dealing with schools and such. Nice! Happy weekend, Elizabeth.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun area of the museum. Too bad I didn't know you would like to own a metronome. When I got rid of my piano, I sent the metronome and music lamp to goodwill. Love the cat memes

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful museum. Kids and cats, how can you not smile. Have a nice day today.

craftytrog said...

Those cat memes are hilarious!
Hope you have a good weekend,
Alison

Sandra Cox said...

I LedOL at the memes, especially the first one. Thanks for sharing, dear Elizabeth.
The museum looks like it would be a fun one to meander through.
YOU enjoy your weekend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the museum photos, nice teddies too. The cat funnies are brilliant. Some of their faces are so funny. Have a great weekend. hugs, Angela xXx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm a sucker for a museum, and your virtual tours are the way to go these days :) Thanks!

LA Paylor said...

You always say you don't watch what I watch... bet you like All Creatures great and small, and around the world in 80 days. How about Emily in Paris which just returned? Amazing race takes people around the world doing challenges... it's interesting to see things I will never see like bathing an elephant in Thailand, or walking cows in India, or offering flowers to a temple in Vietnam... this week putting together a bag pipe in Scotland and playing a note for a period of time. But luckily we don't fight over the remote, lol! On to your good tour of the museum and hilarious cat memes... so funny. I relate to the spirit animal on the sofa for sure.
Thanks on the flamingo, or as I call her "glam-ingo" and I'll get the first prompt to add to her soon. Project Quilting prompt comes on Sunday and I only have one week to make and finish a creation for that... Like Project Runway on tv, which you don't watch I'm sure, I have to put on my creativity beanie and make it work!
I have not painted in a long time... I can't seem to face that so I soldier on with sewing, reading, cooking and watching tv... I spied your sharpie collection. Pretty colors but the smell of them gives me a headache... we're all different, right? Here's to making something with what we have!

My name is Erika. said...

It's nice to see more of the museum, and those cat funnies are great. That last one reminds me of the cat Leo I had. Of course he was one who would prefer to lay on top of me-smile. And the one in the blind is good too. It is great to see Squiggles too. I sent you several emails today, they are all the same in hopes you get them all-to be sure its working. I finally got your second email today. I'm not sure what is up with that. Happy Friday. hugs-Erika

Serena Lewis said...

Interesting museum displays.

I loved the Cat Memes...they certainly brought a smile to my face, especially the catnip one. lol

Have a lovely weekend,
Serena x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

such simpler times in those days of childhood !! the cat photos are funny; 984 paws up stripey ;) ☺☺♥♥

Rita said...

The cat jokes made my day!! :)

Sami said...

The cat jokes are hilarious :) :)
I could easily come back as a cat in my next life, as long as I lived in a cat lady's house.
Have a nice weekend Elizabeth.

Spyder said...

These cats are soooooooooooooo funny.made me smile! ((Lyn))

Lisca said...

I got your message Elizabeth. I'm glad it has arrived.