Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday Smiles 446: Voting

 

It's Friday and I'm once again joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.

Tuesday was voting day in my city.  When I stepped out on my front porch, I was delighted to see that some of the trees in my area were actually starting to turn colors.  One tree has turned yellow and one bright red.  Mine is still mostly green or brown.  In two more weeks, the leaves will all either be on the ground or blown into the next county.  

There was a new voting place.  I miss the one I could actually walk to.

It seems our voting places are all churches, except for downtown, which is the city building.

My camera was acting weird.  Even though I tried to color and brightness correct in Photoshop, it still didn't look quite right.

On my way home, I toke photos as I was driving. 

You can see it had started to rain.  It was hard to drive and take photos at the same time, but at least, it appears my camera is now working properly again.  The nice thing was, I got a sticker proving I voted and another ink pen with the soft end.

I was so happy to show I actually went somewhere and could share a short trip I took for the first time in ages and ages.  Now for a few more funnies from the Indian Hills Community Center, where the man who thinks these up is, in my opinion, a genius.










Finally one that is not from Indian Hills, but after my own heart.

Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her for Friday Smiles.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard and me this Friday.  We would love to have you join us, too. 

This is also Day 5 of AEDM and I joined a link-up party.



17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Yay for voting and getting outside - and the voting pic has something mysterious.
Yes, the days when I secretly took pics whilst driving :-)

Breathe again :-)

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for voting.
I really struggle to take photos from the car (or a bus).
Love those signs and agree we DO need education.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely photos and funnies. Short comment today, I've got visitors coming. Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

Great photos Elizabeth, and the funnies made me smile.
Happy Friday!

Annie said...

Thanks for joining in the fun and for making me smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

CJ Kennedy said...

Voting in my town is either at the high school or the new fire station. My side of the street votes at the new fire station. Prissy's side of the street votes at the high school.

Love the funnies, especially the black belt in Partial Arts. :-D

mamapez5 said...

Voting in UK was often done in churches too. I guess they are available mid-week usually. Now it is often done in a school which seems odd as they either close for the day or set up elaborate cordonned off walk ways so you can't get close to any of the children.
It is lovely to see the autumn colours in the trees even if the leaves do make a mess for while when they fall.
Your funnies always raise a smile. Those puns are so clever. Kate x

My name is Erika. said...

I like your photos today. I see some color, but there's nothing have anything left with green besides pine trees here in NH. I'm kind of jealous you have some green. The colors are pretty but then it is so long before we have green. And thanks for the funnies. I love these signs. Have a super Friday. I hope you have a nice day ahead. Or it was a nice day if you read this at night. Hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Even going out to vote is fun at the moment, just something different to do Lol! The leaves here are all just about fallen now and today was really cold as we had frost over night. Of course the signs continue to make us smile and laugh and tut a bit they are so funny. Apparently, according to my hubby I keep tutting ever time I see something corny and some of the signs have had that effect on me....so he says! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Jeanie said...

Most of our voting places are churches, too. We didn't have an election in our district this time and I usually do absentee ballot when we do. Once again, I love the signs.

DVArtist said...

For the last 20+ years in Oregon we vote by mail. It is so easy. Love the photos, seeing where you live. Have a very nice day today.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love the raindrops on the windows with the outside all fuzzy and the inside all cozy! We do not get to keep our pens here when we vote. We use Sharpies and they make sure they get them back, practically snatch 'em right out of our hands! I love the Indian Hills comments. That person is a genius at thinking them up by the THOUSANDS! Such quips.

WendyK said...

Great to see where you live and I love the signs. Photoing while you are driving, naughty lady.

NatureFootstep said...

cool, lots of signs at Indian Hills :) Love your raindrops :)

Lisca said...

Great that you went out! And I'm so pleased that you could be bothered to vote. Women have fought long and hard for this right, and nowadays not many women go to vote.
Having the polling station in a church makes sense as most churches have rooms other than the assembly place, and it's easier to cancel a midweek church activity than to close an entire school, (which is what they do in the UK).
Your pictures of the rain through the window are beautiful. I hope you weren't actually driving.
Oh those puns are so good! Each and every one of them! Yes, That person is a genius. Probably it is a team of people though.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Empire of the Cat said...

Yay for going outside! We used to vote in schools here in the UK so everyone in the school got a day off but they stopped using schools a while ago. I vote by post so I don't have to do it in person. Love the rain on the windows. Happy AEDM day 5 Elle/EOTC xx

Divers and Sundry said...

It's a shame they've taken away the closer voting location. Increasing restrictions continue :(